dumb | dumbness | dumbstruck
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Dumb"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- A great personality very much advanced in Krsna consciousness may not expose himself by the signs of a sannyasi. To cover himself, he may live like a restless child or a dumb person
- A person who cannot see is called blind, one who cannot walk is called lame, one who has no hands is called helpless, one who cannot speak is called dumb, and one who cannot hear is called deaf
- After accepting the feature of avadhuta, a great saintly person without material cares, Lord Rsabhadeva passed through human society like a blind, deaf and dumb man, an idle stone, a ghost or a madman
- Agastya Muni then spoke this curse against the King: This King Indradyumna is not at all gentle. Being low and uneducated, he has insulted a brahmana. May he therefore enter the region of darkness and receive the dull, dumb body of an elephant
- Although Maharaja Rahugana was playing the part of a king, he had been informed by Jada Bharata that he was not a king nor was Jada Bharata deaf and dumb. Such designations were simply coverings of the spirit soul. Everyone must come to this knowledge
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, just see the deer! Although they are dumb animals, they have approached the son of Maharaja Nanda, Krsna"
- At the last stage of his life, Emperor Rsabhadeva wandered like a dumb madman, unaffected by all kinds of bodily mistreatment
- Bhuvar-satru-nyaya: the logic that the dumb man has no enemy
- By punishing them, he teaches the citizens to obey the laws of the state. Again, you have said that punishing a person who is deaf and dumb is like chewing the chewed or grinding the pulp; that is to say, there is no benefit in it
- By remembering the lotus feet of the Panca-tattva, a dumb man can become a poet, a lame man can cross mountains, and a blind man can see the stars in the sky
- By such mercy (being a krpa-siddha), even if a devotee is dumb he can speak or write to glorify the Lord splendidly, even if lame he can cross mountains, and even if blind he can see the stars in the sky
- By the Grace of Krishna and the Spiritual Master, the dumb man can speak like a great orator, and a lame man can cross over a great mountain. So we must have the necessary unflinching faith in Krishna and Spiritual Master
- By the mercy of the guru, even a dumb man can become the greatest orator, and even a lame man can cross mountains. As advised by Lord Brahma, one should remember this sastric injunction if one desires success in his life
- Degraded men are actually no better than animals. The only difference is that animals have four legs and such men have only two. These two-legged, animalistic men used to call Jada Bharata mad, dull, deaf and dumb
- Due to the activities of his past life, Jada Bharata was being very cautious and was therefore assuming the characteristics of a deaf and dumb man to avoid mingling with the material world
- He (Sukadeva Gosvami) was recognized when he spoke on the subject of Bhagavatam, and he never attempted jugglery like a magician. Outwardly he appeared to be a retarded, dumb madman, but in fact he was the most elevated transcendental personality
- How was he (Srila Sukadeva, the son of Vyasa) recognized by the citizens when he entered the city of Hastinapura (now Delhi), after wandering in the provinces of Kuru and Jangala, appearing like a madman, dumb and retarded?
- I offer my respectful obeisances to Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by whose mercy even a lame man can cross over a mountain and a dumb man recite Vedic literature
- In order to avoid contradiction, botheration and unfavorable situations created by materialistic persons, a great saintly person like Jada Bharata or Utkala remains silent. The less intelligent consider such saintly persons to be mad, deaf or dumb
- In the body of a brahmana, Bharata Maharaja appeared deaf and dumb, yet he was the most intelligent man in the world
- In the next life, as Jada Bharata, Maharaja Bharata was careful not to spoil his energy, and therefore he presented himself as a deaf and dumb person. In this way he could concentrate on his devotional service
- In this life he (Bharata Maharaja) could also remember the activities of his past life, and in order to avoid the influence of society, he remained like a deaf and dumb person
- Is it not a fact that your good self is the direct representative of Kapiladeva, the incarnation of the SPG? To examine people and see who is actually a human being and who is not, you have presented yourself to be a deaf and dumb person
- It is possible if we become obedient student of guru, then even though we may be dumb, deaf and dumb, still, we can become good lecturer
- Jada Bharata, despite all kinds of injustice endured because of his deaf and dumb display, remained silent by the strength of his spiritual advancement. Nonetheless his brahma-tejah, his Brahman effulgence, was indistinctly visible in his person
- Jada-yoga involves practicing becoming like a dumb stone and not being affected by material reactions
- Maharaja Yudhisthira dressed himself in torn clothing, gave up eating all solid foods, voluntarily became dumb and let his hair hang loose. All this combined to make him look like an urchin or madman with no occupation
- Mucukunda continued, "By the influence of Your external energy, they are attached to the glare of material activities, to so-called society, friendship and love, like dumb animals that have fallen into a dark well"
- My dear King, you have said, "You rascal, you dull, crazy fellow! I am going to chastise you, and then you will come to your senses." In this regard, let me say that although I live like a dull, deaf and dumb man, I am actually a self-realized person
- The holy name of Lord Krsna is an attractive feature for many saintly, liberal people. It is the annihilator of all sinful reactions and is so powerful that, save for the dumb who cannot chant it, it is readily available to everyone
- The propaganda that the Lord is impersonal, that He has no activity and that He is a dumb stone without any name and form has encouraged people to become godless, faithless demons
- The S P of Godhead has the form of sac-cid-ananda-vigraha (BS 5.1) - transcendental bliss, knowledge and eternity. I offer my respectful obeisances unto Him, who turns the dumb into eloquent speakers and enables the lame to cross mountains
- The spiritual master's mercy is described, mukham karoti vacalam. Mukham means dumb, one who cannot speak. He becomes a great lecturer or speaker