doctrine | doctrines
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Doctrine"
The following 39 pages are in this category, out of 39 total.
- According to the doctrine of communism, the state should be the proprietor of everything. But the Krsna consciousness movement, expanding this same idea, accepts God as the proprietor of everything
- All the above-mentioned sacrifices (study of the Vedas or philosophical doctrines, and performance of the yoga system) help one to become cleansed of the sinful reactions of material existence. BG 1972 purports
- Although Westerners accept that Darwin first expounded the doctrine of evolution, the science of anthropology is not new. The development of the evolutionary process was known long before from the Bhagavatam
- Asat-sastra, as explained here, means the doctrine of Mayavada impersonalism, or becoming one with the Supreme
- Bhrgu Muni continued: Since you (the followers of Lord Siva) blaspheme the Vedas and the brahmanas, who are followers of the Vedic principles, it is understood that you have already taken shelter of the doctrine of atheism
- By the mercy of the SP of Godhead Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, even an inexperienced boy with no educational culture can be saved from the ocean of nescience, which is full of various types of philosophical doctrines that are like dangerous aquatic animals
- Darwin has taken the idea of evolution from this Padma Purana. You won't find any philosophy, any doctrine in the world which is not found in the Vedic literature
- Doctrines like those of the nadiya-nagaris, a class of so-called devotees, are never presented by authorized persons like Svarupa Damodara or the Six Gosvamis
- I am concerned more about my disciples. I want to see them quite able to preach this sublime doctrine of Krishna Consciousness, and therefore I wish to stay
- If Kirtanananda honestly believes in his new doctrine, he should honestly return the certificate of his Sannyas which he very tactfully secured from me. He should not utilize this certificate without any allegiance
- If one mistakenly considers his position to be equal to that of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he becomes contaminated by the doctrine of nonduality, and his efforts in transcendental life are rendered ineffective
- If someone presents an alternative doctrine he himself has manufactured, that doctrine will prove itself useless, for any doctrine that tries to prove that Vedic evidence is meaningless immediately proves itself meaningless
- In order to establish his doctrine of nonviolence, Lord Buddha flatly refused to believe in the Vedas, and thus, later on, Sankaracarya stopped this system of religion in India and forced it to go outside India
- In the doctrine of the atheist Kapila there are many statements directly against the Vedic principles. Kapila does not accept the Supreme Personality of Godhead. He says that the living entity is himself the Supreme Lord & that no one is greater than him
- The doctrine of by-products, parinama-vada, is asserted from the very beginning of Vedanta-sutra, but Sankaracarya has superficially tried to hide it and establish the doctrine of transformation, vivarta-vada
- The doctrine of transcendental enjoyment by Krsna cannot be mixed up with the doctrine of transcendental feeling of separation from Krsna in the role of Radharani
- The doctrines of anthropomorphism and zoomorphism are never applicable to Sri Krsna, or the Personality of Godhead. The theory that a man becomes God by dint of penance and austerities is very much rampant nowadays, especially in India
- The four principles of the Vaisnava philosophic doctrine are suddha-advaita (purified oneness), dvaita-advaita (simultaneous oneness and difference), visista-advaita and dvaita
- The Mayavadiphilosophers have the audacity to reject the purport of what Vyasadeva explained in the Vedanta-sutra and to say he attempted to establish a doctrine of transformation of the Supreme, which is totally imaginary
- The Nagapatnis said, "You (Krsna) are the ultimate goal of all philosophical efforts, and it is actually only You who are described by all philosophies and by different kinds of doctrines"
- The rsis of Naimisaranya were able to perform the sacrifices for a thousand years. Without state support, no doctrines of philosophy or religious principles can progressively advance
- The Vaisnavas following Caitanya stress the doctrine of acintya-bhedabheda-tattva, which states that the Supreme Lord, being the cause and effect of everything, is inconceivably, simultaneously one with His manifestations of energy & different from them
- These Christian and Buddhist scriptures were delivered for a different class of men, and we needn't spend our time in studying their doctrines
- We never took any certificate of our Spiritual Master or anyone, but he told me that it was required for facility of preaching, so I gave him the certificate, but unfortunately the whole thing was smashed by different doctrine
- When one is liberated, he theoretically understands that the living entity is not composed of material elements but is spirit soul, distinct from matter. Simply by theoretically understanding this doctrine, one can be called liberated