district | districts
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "District"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- A landholder named Ramacandra Khan was the zamindar of that district. He was envious of Vaisnavas and was therefore a great atheist
- A pure devotee of Lord Krsna resides in the district of Mathura or Vrndavana and visits all the places where Krsna's pastimes were performed
- According to the statement of Narada Muni, Madhuvana, which is still existing in the Vrndavana area, in the district of Mathura, is a most sacred place. Many saintly persons still live there and engage in the devotional service of the Lord
- After visiting Karttikeya, Lord Balarama gradually proceeded to Sailapura, a pilgrimage city in the province of Maharastra. Sailapura is one of the biggest districts in Maharastra province
- At that time Raghupati Upadhyaya of the Tiruhita district arrived. He was a very learned scholar, a great devotee and a respectable gentleman
- Candidasa was born in the village of Nannura, which is also in the Birbhum district of Bengal. He was born of a brahmana family, and it is said that he also took birth in the beginning of the fourteenth century, Sakabda Era
- Chatrabhoga, known now as Chada-khadi, is in the district of Twenty-four Parganas in West Bengal. It is situated near the celebrated village Jayanagara-majilapura
- Formerly Kolapura was a native state, and it is bordered on the north by the district of Santara, on the east and south by the district of Belagama, and on the west by the district of Ratnagiri
- Free mingling with women has never been possible in India, but for one who wanted to associate with society girls, they were available in a district of prostitutes
- He went to a cow shed on the southern side of the Simha-dvara. There the Lord fell down unconscious among cows from the district of Tailanga
- Here radha-dese refers to the village of the name Ekacakra, in the district of Birbhum, next to Burdwan
- His (Jayadeva's) birthplace was in the Birbhum district, in the village Kendubilva. In the opinion of some authorities, however, he was born in Orissa, and still others say that he was born in southern India
- I want that our Vrindaban temple to be the first class temple of India. Already people are saying that it surpasses all temples of the district in beauty, and I think it surpasses all temples in India
- In India there are many so-called gurus, and they are limited to a certain district or a province. They do not even travel about India, yet they declare themselves to be jagad-guru, the guru of the whole world
- In the Bharatavarsa, Bengal is the most important place, and in Bengal, the district Nadia is most important place, because Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared. Don't take it leniently
- In the family of Purusottama Cakravarti there are famous persons like Kunjavihari Cakravarti and Radhavallabha Cakravarti, who now live in the district of Birbhum. They professionally recite songs from Caitanya-mangala
- Kaliya Krsnadasa had his headquarters in a village named Akaihata, which is situated in the district of Burdwan within the jurisdiction of the post office and police station of Katwa
- Krsna and Balarama strictly followed those regulative principles while living under the instruction of their spiritual master, Sandipani Muni, who was a resident of Avantipura, in the northern Indian district of Ujjain
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja was an inhabitant of Vrndavana and a great devotee. He had been living with his family in Katwa, a small town in the district of Burdwan, in Bengal
- O Sanatana, you should broadcast the revealed scriptures on devotional service and excavate the lost places of pilgrimage in the district of Mathura
- One devotee exclaimed, "Oh, I cannot see the district of Mathura! Even though by simply hearing the name of Mathura the hairs of my body are standing up, I cannot see the place. So of what use are my eyes?"
- Sri Vallabha and his elder brothers Sri Rupa and Sanatana came from Candradvipa to the village in the Maldah district of Bengal known as Ramakeli. It is in this village that Srila Jiva Gosvami took birth, accepting Vallabha as his father
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu was born in the village of Ekacakra, in the district of Birbhum, as the son of Padmavati and Hadai Pandita
- Sundarananda Prabhu was a naisthika-brahmacari: he never married in his life. Therefore he had no direct descendants except his disciples, but the descendants of his family still reside in the village known as Mangaladihi in the district of Birbhum
- The gopis continued, "Dear Krsna, the fragrance of the mellows of Your pastimes is spread throughout the forests of the glorious land of Vrndavana, which is surrounded by the sweetness of the district of Mathura"
- The Lord said, "I wish to beg you for one favor in charity. You must pledge that this sankirtana movement will not be checked, at least in the district of Nadia"
- The Pathana soldiers said, "You are all rogues. One of you belongs to the western lands, one to the district of Mathura, and the other two, who are trembling, belong to Bengal"
- The places in the eighty-four-square-mile district of Mathura are so beautifully situated on the banks of the River Yamuna that anyone who goes there will never want to return to this material world
- The present-day village of Prembagh, which lies near Ramshara in the Jessore district of Bangladesh, is said by many to be the site of Kumaradeva's house. Of his many sons, three took to the path of Vaisnavism
- The residence of Lord Ramacandra on this planet is Ayodhya. Ayodhya City is still existing in the district of Faizabad, which is situated on the northern side of Uttar Pradesh
- The sages of Naimisaranya (at present, Nimsar, in Sitapur District, U.P.), who assembled under the presidency of Suta Gosvami, discussed in detail all the various incarnations of the Absolute Truth
- The tract of land comprising about one hundred square miles from modern Delhi to the Mathura district in Uttar Pradesh, including a portion of Gurgaon district in Punjab (East India), is considered to be the topmost place of pilgrimage in all of India
- The village of Candapura is situated near the confluence of the rivers Ganges and Yamuna at Saptagrama, in the district of Hugli
- The word brahmana-murtina in this verse refers to the founder of Mayavada philosophy, Sankaracarya, who was born in the Malabara district of southern India
- Then He crossed over three high walls, and later, because of strong feelings of separation from Krsna, He fell down amidst the cows of the Tailanga district and retracted all the limbs of His body like a tortoise
- There are enough barren lands that are not suitable for agricultural use that are lying unused in Allahabad District
- There is a place named Danihata, near the Agradvipa railway station and Patuli in the district of Burdwan, where the Deity of Sri Gopinathaji is still situated. This Deity accepted Govinda Ghosa as His father
- There was also Sri Upendra Misra, a resident of the district of Srihatta. He was a great devotee of Lord Visnu, a learned scholar, a rich man and a reservoir of all good qualities
- This place (Mahesapura) is within the district of Jessore, (which is now in Bangladesh). Among the relics of this village, only the old residential house of Sundarananda still exists
- This statement reveals a strong anxiety to see the district of Mathura resulting from a strong attachment to Krsna
- Thus Bhagavan Acarya, greatly ashamed and fearful, remained silent. The next day, he asked Gopala Bhattacarya to return to his own district
- Thus by His causeless mercy the full moon, Gaurahari, rose in the district of Nadia, which is compared to Udayagiri, where the sun first becomes visible