Pages in category "Dissuade"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- In subduing others, in joking, in responding to danger, in acting for the welfare of others, and so on, one could refuse to fulfill one's promise, and there would be no fault. By this philosophy, Sukracarya tried to dissuade Bali Maharaja from giving land
- It appears that Kasyapa was already inclined to have sexual enjoyment with his wife (Diti), and because he was not a strong man he tried to dissuade her only with pacifying words
- The hill known as Meru is fixed in the universe as a universal pivot, and no one can move it an inch from its position; similarly, no one could ever dissuade Maharaja Prthu when he was determined
- This specific pastime of the Lord (the rasa-lila) has a special significance because anyone who properly learns about this particular pastime of the Lord will certainly 1) be dissuaded from mundane sex desire
- Those who espouse these more or less nonsensical conceptions of the Supreme Lord (like God is impersonal etc.) cannot dissuade him from firm faith in the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna