Devotees Offering Prayers
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Engaged in Offering Prayers to God (1 C, 1 P)
- ► Gurv-astaka (1 C, 2 P)
Pages in category "Devotees Offering Prayers"
The following 77 pages are in this category, out of 77 total.
- A pure devotee knows that since the Lord is omnipresent and omniscient, there is no need to offer prayers or worship Him for one's personal benefit
- A Vaisnava is praying guru: "Sir, you are devotee of Krsna. You can give me Krsna if you like." This is the position of sisya
- Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Srivasa Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Svarupa Damodara, Murari Gupta, Haridasa Thakura and all the other devotees of Sri Krsna Caitanya - bowing down with devotion, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) hold their lotus feet on my head
- All glories to Nityananda Prabhu, the greatest of mendicants, who bound the entire world with a knot of ecstatic love for God!
- All the gopis, girls, before their marriage, they prayed to Katyayani that "You give me Krsna as my husband." So Krsna..., it is not possible socially, but Krsna makes such a plan that He accepted every one of them as His wife. That is vastrana-lila
- Because he (Prahlada Maharaja) was engaged in service, he felt transcendentally situated, and naturally his mind and attention became saturated in transcendence. In that condition, he began to offer his prayers
- By the force of your thunderbolt, I shall be freed of material bondage and shall give up this body and this world of material desires. Fixing my mind upon the lotus feet of Lord Sankarsana, I shall attain the destination of such great sages as Narada Muni
- By your prayers and by your chanting Hare Krishna, and by the grace of Lord Nrsimhadeva I am recovered from the serious illness
- Dear Lord, we (the Pracetas) beg to offer our obeisances unto You. When the mind is fixed upon You, the world of duality, although a place for material enjoyment, appears meaningless. Your transcendental form is full of transcendental bliss
- Do not worry. I have not stopped my business. I am writing at night even though I am not quite fit. Thank you all for your prayers
- Draupadi prayed, "Krsna, if You like, You can save." So this is the position. So long we try to save ourself, then that is not very good. If you simply depend on Krsna, "Krsna, if You save me, that is all right. Otherwise kill me, as You like"
- From Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.5.33): We offer our respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of Him (Lord Caitanya), the Lord, upon whom one should always meditate. He destroys insults to His devotees
- From Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.5.34): He (Caitanya) left His householder life, leaving aside His eternal consort, whom even the denizens of heaven adore. He went into the forest to deliver the fallen souls, who are put into illusion by material energy
- From Srimad-Bhagavatam (11.5.34): We offer our respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of the Lord (Caitanya Mahaprabhu), upon whom one should always meditate
- Fully absorbed in devotional service, she (Laksmi) chants the following mantras
- I (Akrura) am bereft of Your transcendental association, being just like a foolish creature who leaves a water hole covered by water-nourished vegetation and goes in search of water in the desert
- I (Gajendra) offer my respectful obeisances unto You (God), who are the shelter of the Vedic knowledge contained in the sastras like the Pancaratras and Vedanta-sutra, which are Your representations, and who are the source of the parampara system
- I (King Kulashekara) pray only that at the point of death I may remember Your two lotus feet, whose beauty defies that of the lotus growing in the Sarat season
- I (Prahlada Maharaja) also offer my respectful obeisances unto the impersonal Brahman effulgence
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose secondary part is the Visnu lying in the ocean of milk - CC Adi 1.11
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto the feet of Sri Nityananda Rama, whose secondary part is the Visnu lying in the ocean of milk - CC Adi 5.109
- If your prayers are sincere then Krishna will accept them and if Krishna accepts them then automatically I accept them, and if I accept them then automatically Krishna accepts them. So like this Krishna is everywhere
- In his book Stavavali, Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami has prayed for the mercy of Radharani, who was so captivated by the flute vibrations of Krsna that She immediately asked information of His whereabouts from residents in the Vrndavana forest
- Indeed, You alone know Yourself by Your own internal potency, O Supreme Person, origin of all, Lord of all beings, God of gods, Lord of the universe!
- May Devarsi Narada protect me from committing offenses in worshiping the Deity, and may Lord Kurma, the tortoise, protect me from falling to the unlimited hellish planets
- May Sanat-kumara protect me from lusty desires. As I begin some auspicious activity, may Lord Hayagriva protect me from being an offender by neglecting to offer respectful obeisances to the Supreme Lord
- May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other's welfare
- My dear Lord (Krsna), You are just like a magnet, and all the damsels of Vraja are just like iron: in whichever direction You are moving they are following You, as iron is attracted by magnetic force
- My dear Lord Caitanya, please have mercy upon me. There is no one who is as merciful as You. My plea is most urgent because Your mission is to deliver all fallen souls, and no one is more fallen than I. Therefore I beg priority
- My dear Lord, all actually learned persons know You as the Supreme Brahman and the Supersoul. Although the entire universe is afraid of Lord Rudra, who ultimately annihilates everything, for the learned devotees You are the fearless destination of all
- O Lord of lords (Krsna), O refuge of the worlds, please be gracious to me (Arjuna). I cannot keep my balance seeing thus Your blazing deathlike faces and awful teeth. In all directions I am bewildered
- O Lord of the universe, I (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) do not desire material wealth, materialistic followers, a beautiful wife or fruitive activities described in flowery language. All I want, life after life, is unmotivated devotional service to You
- O my (Dhruva's) master, Lord Brahma is fully surrendered unto You. In the beginning You gave him knowledge, and thus he could see and understand the entire universe, just as a person awakens from sleep and visualizes his immediate duties
- O my Lord, everything within material nature is limited by time, space and thought. Your characteristics, however, being unequaled and unsurpassed, are always transcendental to such limitations
- O Supreme Lord, You (Lord Caitanya) are the Supreme Mahesvara, the worshipable Deity of all the demigods and the Supreme Lord of all lords. You are the controller of all controllers, the Personality of Godhead, the Lord of everything worshipable
- On another side were many learned brahmanas who were all self-controlled. They were offering nice prayers, which were as soothing as the cool breeze in summer
- One brahmana devotee says: Let others, fearing material existence, worship the Vedas, the Vedic supplementary puranas and the Mahabharata, but I shall worship Nanda Maharaja, in whose courtyard the Supreme Brahman is crawling
- One can offer prayers to the SPG directly, but if one repeats the prayers offered by great devotees like Lord Siva and Lord Brahma, or if one follows in the footsteps of great personalities, one can please the Supreme Personality of Godhead very easily
- Our only prayer should be in the matter of desiring further development of devotional service and such sincere prayer should be submitted not directly to the lord but through the via-media of His bona fide servitor or representative
- Playing like an elephant, He entered into the water after roaring again in reply to the Vedic prayers by the great devotees. The Lord is the object of the Vedic prayers, and thus He understood that the devotees' prayers were meant for Him
- Prahlada Maharaja prayed: My Lord Nrsimha-deva, O Supreme, because of a bodily conception of life, embodied souls neglected and not cared for by You cannot do anything for their betterment
- Prayers of King Kulasekhara, CD 14 - This prayer was offered by one king whose name was Kulasekhara. He was a great king, at the same time a great devotee
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu confidentially prayed, mama janmani janmanisvare bhavatad bhaktir ahaituki tvayi: "My Lord, please bless Me with Your devotional service. I do not want anything else"
- Sri Nityananda Prabhu is the topmost branch of the indestructible tree of eternal love of Godhead, Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu. I offer my respectful obeisances to all the subbranches of that topmost branch
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, who is extremely affectionate to His devotees, was very pleased by the prayers offered by Daksa, and thus He appeared at that holy place known as Aghamarsana
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami offers his respectful obeisances to Srimati Radharani, taking a straw in his mouth. Indeed, he prays - O Gandharvika, Srimati Radharani, just as Lord Krsna never rejects a surrendered soul, please don't reject me
- Svasty astu visvasya: "Let there be good fortune throughout the entire universe." Prahlada Maharaja thus requested the Lord to be merciful to everyone, including his father, a most envious person
- Taking a lotus flower in his trunk, he (Gajendra) addressed the Lord, saying, "O original enjoyer, Lord of the universe! O deliverer, as famous as a place of pilgrimage! All are purified simply by hearing Your holy name, which is worthy to be chanted"
- The consciousness of each woman within the three worlds is certainly like a high hill, but the sweetness of Krsna's beauty is like an ocean. Even a drop of water from that ocean can flood the entire world and submerge all the high hills of consciousness
- The girl (Kalindi) continued: "I shall be thankful unto you (Arjuna) if you pray to Lord Visnu to be pleased with me"
- The glowing effulgence of His (Govinda's) transcendental form is the impersonal Brahman, which is absolute, complete and unlimited and which displays the varieties of countless planets, with their different opulences, in millions and millions of universes
- The humble devotee simply prays to the Lord, "Kindly pick me up from the material world, which is full of varieties of material opulence, and keep me under the shelter of Your lotus feet"
- The inhabitants of Kimpurusa-loka said to the Lord: We are insignificant living entities, and You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the supreme controller. Therefore how can we offer suitable prayers unto You?
- The Lord certainly fulfills all desires in regard to transcendental loving service, but He cannot fulfill the whims of nondevotees, even when such casual devotees offer Him the best of prayers
- The sages assembled in the forest of Naimisaranya inquired from Suta Gosvami about the birth of Maharaja Pariksit, but in the course of the narration other topics like his (Drona's) punishment by Arjuna and Queen Kuntidevi's prayers were narrated
- The two Gandharvas Visvavasu and Tumburu, I myself (Narada Muni) and the Vidyadharas, Apsaras and sages all offered prayers to him (Hiranyakasipu) again and again just to glorify him
- There is now a flood of the eternal nectar of love of Godhead due to the incarnation of Lord Caitanya. All living entities are floating in that flood. The entire world is now thankful to the Lord
- There is the following prayer by a devotee for the vayasyas in Vrndavana, "All glories to Krsna's vayasyas, who are just like Krsna in their age, qualities, pastimes, dress and beauty
- They (wives and daughters of the cowherd men) sprinkled a mixture of turmeric powder, oil and water upon the birthless Supreme Lord (Krsna) and offered their prayers - SB 10.5.12
- This prayer (to Varahadeva) was offered by the inhabitants of the higher planetary systems, namely the Jana, Tapas and Satya lokas, who are far more intelligent and powerful than humans
- When Lord Krsna was busy meeting various kinds of visitors and while they were engaged in offering prayers to the Lord, the female members of the Kuru dynasty and the Yadu dynasty took the opportunity to meet with one another
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu one day appeared in ecstasy as the Varaha murti, Murari Gupta offered Him prayers. He was a great devotee of Lord Ramacandra, and his staunch devotion is vividly described in the Caitanya-caritamrta - CC Madhya 15.137-157
- When the demigods, headed by Lord Siva, were offering respectful prayers to Krsna, describing the glorious opulences of the Lord, Arjuna stood before Him with his hand on His shoulders and brushed the dust from His peacock feather
- You are the origin of all scripture
- You have numberless arms, and the sun and moon are Your eyes. I see You with blazing fire coming forth from Your mouth, burning this entire universe by Your own radiance
- You should always pray to His Divine Grace because naturally He will be more affectionate to you than to me. Generally one is more affectionate to the grandchildren than to the children directly