Dancing for Krsna
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Dancing for God (1 C, 17 P)
Pages in category "Dancing for Krsna"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- If one drinks but a drop of the nectar of Krsna's pastimes, his body and mind begin to bloom, and he begins to laugh, sing and dance
- In the heavenly planets (during the birth of Krsna), the angels and their wives, along with the Vidyadharas and their wives, began to dance
- Intoxicated by ecstatic love for Lord Krsna, he becomes overwhelmed and incessantly dances without clothing and sings about Lord Krsna's qualities and pastimes
- Just as by clapping the hands one can cause many birds to fly away, similarly the birds of all sinful activities which are sitting on the body can be made to fly away simply by dancing and clapping before the Deity of Krsna
- Just by seeing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, everyone became a devotee. They began to chant "Krsna" and "Hari" and all the holy names. They all were merged in a great ecstasy of love, and they began to dance, raising their arms
- One has to dance to please Krsna, not to imitate or attempt to become equal to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The gopis wanted to please Krsna, and therefore as Krsna sang, they responded and encouraged Him by saying “Well done! Well done!"
- One should also (10) dance before the Deity, (11) sing before the Deity, (12) open one's mind to the Deity, (13) offer obeisances to the Deity, (14) stand up before the Deity and the spiritual master just to show them respect
- Only Krsna is the supreme master, and all others are His servants. As Krsna desires, everyone dances according to His tune
- Some of the people following the Lord were crying. Some were laughing, some dancing and some chanting. Indeed, some of them were rolling on the ground, exclaiming "Krsna! Krsna"
- Sometimes Krsna would take a palm fan and fan the body of Balarama, causing a pleasing breeze to relieve Him of His fatigue. Other boys would sometimes dance or sing while Balarama took rest, and sometimes they would wrestle amongst themselves or jump
- Sometimes, while participating in ceremonies celebrating Krsna's pastimes, or in the society of devotees, there is dancing ecstasy. Such sentiments are called blazing
- Srutadeva, a brahmana from the country called Mithila in northern India, became so overpowered with joy as soon as he saw Krsna that immediately after bowing to the Lord's lotus feet he stood up and began to dance, raising his two arms above his head
- The constant dancing before the doors of Krsna's palaces was not to be imagined even by the demigods in the heavenly kingdom
- The earrings of the gopis, their cheeks, their hair with flowers - as they sang and danced these combined to appear like clouds, thunder, snow and lightning. Krsna's bodily features appeared just like a group of clouds
- The elephants whose bodies were touched by the water splashed by the Lord (Caitanya) began to chant "Krsna! Krsna!" and dance and sing in ecstasy
- The gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished. The vibration of His flute causes all women to dance
- The mind of a person in Krsna consciousness also acts in a similar way (activities of the gross body are reactions of the mind). The tongue chants Hare Krsna, the maha-mantra, the hands are raised in ecstasy, and the legs dance in Krsna consciousness
- The professional singers called sutas and magadhas would sing, and others would perform their dancing art. In this way, as devotees, they would offer respectful prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna)
- The two of them danced in ecstatic love and embraced each other. Raising their arms, they said, "Chant the holy names of Hari and Krsna"
- The water is all nectar, the talking is singing, the walking is dancing, and the constant companion of Krsna is His flute. The effulgence of transcendental bliss is experienced everywhere. Therefore Vrndavana-dhama is the only relishable abode
- The young queens of Krsna were always dressed with excellent ornaments and garments and were always engaged in sportive activities like dancing, singing or playing ball on the roofs of the palaces
- There (under the wish-fulfilling tree) Krsna's dear gopi friends serve Radha and Krsna by singing, dancing, offering betel nuts and refreshments, and decorating Their Lordships with flowers
- There are various means of worship (of visnu-murtis), such as dancing and singing - SB 10.13.51
- These symptoms (chanting the maha-mantra and dancing in Krsna consciousness) are technically called asta-sattvika-vikara (CC Antya 14.99). Sattvika-vikara is transformation of the mental condition in goodness or sometimes transcendental ecstasy