"Damodara Pandita"|"Pandita Damodara"
- Dāmodara Paṇḍita
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Damodara Pandita"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- A brahmacari is supposed to assist a sannyasi; therefore a brahmacari should not try to instruct a sannyasi. That is the etiquette. Consequently Damodara should not have advised Caitanya Mahaprabhu of His duty
- Acaryaratna, Acaryanidhi, Gadadhara Pandita, Jagadananda, Damodara, Sankara, Vakresvara, Kasisvara, Mukunda, Vasudeva, Murari and many other devotees have descended in Bengal to preach to everyone the glories of the holy name of Krsna
- According to Damodara, I am still a neophyte as far as social etiquette is concerned; therefore he does not like My independent nature
- After saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered that varieties of prasadam offered to Lord Jagannatha be brought. The Lord then gave him the prasadam, separately packed, to offer to various Vaisnavas and His mother
- After some time, when the boy stood up and left, the intolerant Damodara Pandita began to speak
- After this, the Lord punished Junior Haridasa, and Damodara Pandita gave some warning to the Lord
- After this, the other devotees - headed by Nityananda Prabhu, Jagadananda, Mukunda and Damodara - began to consider a certain plan
- After visiting the temple of Lord Jagannatha, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya returned home with Jagadananda and Damodara
- Although I am in the renounced order of life and Damodara is a brahmacari, he still keeps a stick in his hand just to educate Me
- Among the other devotees were Gadadhara, Jagadananda, Sankara, Vakresvara, Damodara Pandita, Thakura Haridasa, Raghunatha Vaidya and Raghunatha dasa
- As a simple and staunch devotee of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Damodara Pandita could not tolerate criticism of the Lord, but unfortunately he himself was criticizing Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu in his own way
- At intervals you may come see Me here and then soon again go there
- Damodara Pandita and others are more advanced in receiving the mercy of Lord Krsna; therefore they are independent of public opinion. As such, they want Me to enjoy sense gratification, even though it be unethical
- Damodara Pandita impudently said to the Lord, "Everyone says that You are a great teacher because of Your instructions to others, but now we shall find out what kind of teacher You are"
- Damodara Pandita replied, "Sankara is my younger brother, but from today he becomes my elder brother because of Your special mercy upon him"
- Damodara Pandita was a great devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Sometimes, however, a person in such a position becomes impudent, being influenced by the external energy and material considerations
- Damodara Pandita was formerly known as saibya in Vraja-dhama
- Damodara Pandita would verbally chastise every devotee of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu whom he found deviating even slightly from proper behavior. Thus he established the standard etiquette
- Damodara Pandita, who was formerly known as Saibya in Vraja-dhama, used to carry messages from Lord Caitanya to Sacimata, and during the Ratha-yatra festival he carried messages from Sacimata to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Devotees like Sri Damodara, Sri Gadadhara & Sri Ramananda are different energies. This confirms the Vedic sutra parasya saktir vividhaiva sruyate (Cc. Madhya 13.65). All these bhakta subjects taken together constitute Sri Caitanya, who is Krsna Himself
- During the last Magha-sankranti festival, you cooked varieties of vegetables, condensed milk, cakes and sweet rice for Me
- Having said this, Damodara Pandita became silent. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu smiled, pleased within Himself, and considered the impudence of Damodara Pandita
- He delivered all the prasadam to such great Vaisnavas as Advaita Acarya. Thus he stayed there and behaved according to the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Here (in CC Madhya 11.146) the Lord is addressing Damodara Pandita, who is different from Svarupa Damodara. Damodara Pandita is the elder brother of Sankara
- I am merely an insignificant jiva, so what power do I have to give directions to You? By Your own personal choice You will meet with the King. I shall see it
- I see no one but you to protect her, for you are so careful that you can caution even Me
- I shall not meet the King at the request of all the devotees, but I shall do so if Damodara will give his permission
- In a moment, after you had wiped your eyes, you saw that the plate you had offered Me was empty. Then you thought, I dreamt as if Nimai were eating everything
- In the condition of external separation, you were again under illusion, thinking that you had not offered the food to Lord Visnu
- In the first group, Damodara Svarupa was appointed chief singer, and the responding singers were Damodara Pandita, Narayana, Govinda Datta, Raghava Pandita and Govindananda
- In the Third Chapter is a description of the forceful glories of Haridasa Thakura. That chapter also mentions how Damodara Pandita spoke words of criticism to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In this way Damodara Pandita went to Nadia (Navadvipa). After meeting mother Saci, he stayed under the care of her lotus feet
- In this way I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described Damodara Pandita’s verbal chastisements. As one hears about this, atheistic principles and ignorance depart
- It is best for you to go to the shelter of My mother's lotus feet, for no one will be able to behave independently in front of you
- Of course, he (Damodara Pandita) should have known that the Lord (Caitanya) is the Supreme Personality of Godhead and is free to act in any way. There is no need to warn Him, and such an action is not very much appreciated by advanced devotees
- One day Jagadananda, Svarupa, Govinda, Kasisvara, Sankara, Damodara and Mukunda all went to bathe in the sea. They could hear Haridasa singing from a distant place as if calling them in his original voice
- Only by your order am I living in Nilacala (Jagannatha Puri). Nevertheless, you still pull Me near you because of your great love for Me
- Sri Advaita Acarya sent four persons - Nityananda Gosani, Jagadananda Pandita, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda Datta - to accompany the Lord. After pacifying His mother, Sacimata, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu submitted prayers to her lotus feet
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "What to speak of spiritual advancement - all the people will blaspheme Me. And what to speak of all the people - Damodara would chastise Me"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu introduced Sanatana Gosvami to these and other selected devotees: Advaita Acarya, Nityananda Prabhu, Srivasa Thakura, Vakresvara Pandita, Vasudeva Datta, Murari Gupta, Raghava Pandita, Damodara Pandita, Paramananda Puri
- Srirama Pandita, Damodara Pandita, Sriman Pandita, Vijaya and Sridhara were also very pleased to hear it
- Srivasa, Ramai, Vidyanidhi, Gadadhara, Gangadasa, Vakresvara, Murari, Suklambara, Buddhimanta Khan, Nandana, Sridhara, Vijaya, Vasudeva, Damodara, Mukunda, Sanjaya and all the others, however many I can mention - arrived there
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, Jagadananda, Damodara Pandita, Kasisvara, Gopinatha, Vaninatha and Sankara distributed prasadam, and the devotees chanted the holy names at intervals
- Svarupa Damodara, Jagadananda, Kasisvara and Sankara, along with Raghava and Damodara Pandita, took charge of distributing the prasadam
- Tell her that I sent you to inform her of My personal activities so that she may share in My happiness
- The Bhattacarya brought large quantities of excellent food remnants blessed by Lord Jagannatha. All this prasadam was given to his own brahmana servant, along with Jagadananda and Damodara
- The eleventh branch, the younger brother of Damodara Pandita, was known as Sankara Pandita
- The eleventh branch, the younger brother of Damodara Pandita, was known as Sankara Pandita. He was celebrated as the shoes of the Lord
- The five who responded to the singing of Svarupa Damodara were Damodara Pandita, Narayana, Govinda Datta, Raghava Pandita and Sri Govindananda
- The Lord (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu) could understand that it was because of Damodara Pandita’s simplicity that he impudently dared criticize Him. Nevertheless, such behavior by a devotee is not very good
- The Lord Himself may sometimes be very hard, but the devotees are always kind. Thus Kala Krsnadasa received the mercy of the four devotees (Nityananda Prabhu, Jagadananda, Mukunda and Damodara) mentioned above - CC Madhya 10.67
- The Lord requested Bhattacarya to go to Jagannatha temple again, and Bhattacarya started out for the temple accompanied by Jagadananda and Damodara, two principal associates of Lord Caitanya
- The Lord said, "My dear friend Damodara, you had better go to Nadia and stay with My mother"
- Then Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, Damodara Pandita and Jagadananda all began to distribute prasadam to the devotees with great pleasure
- Then you went to see the cooking pots and found that every pot was filled with food. Therefore you again offered the food, after cleansing the place for the offering
- This was intolerable for Damodara Pandita. He became greatly unhappy, but there was nothing he could say, for the boy would ignore his restrictions
- Thus I again and again eat everything you offer Me, for I am attracted by your pure love
- You are the most neutral among My associates. This is very good, for without being neutral one cannot protect religious principles
- You can do whatever I cannot. Indeed, you can chastise even Me, what to speak of others
- You know that I come and eat the offerings, but because of external separation, you consider this a dream
- You offered the food to Lord Krsna, and while you were in meditation I suddenly appeared, and your eyes filled with tears