Daksina - gift
Pages in category "Daksina - gift"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- According to the Vedic system, a gift is offered to the spiritual master, which is called guru-daksina. Then the disciple should take to householder life and accept a wife according to religious rites
- After completing one's education as a brahmacari in this way, one should give daksina, an offering of gratitude, to one's guru
- All the great kings and emperors used to come before Him (Krsna), offer their gifts and pay obeisances with their helmets at the feet of the Lord
- As soon as a disciple takes initiation, he immediately is supposed to beg alms and make a presentation to the Spiritual Master. In that light, all devotees who are taking initiation must make a presentation to the Spiritual Master. That is the system
- I am in due receipt of your letter dated August 6 and enclosed daksina and I thank you very much
- I thank you very much for your guru daksine gift and your nice letter expressing your appreciation for your spiritual master. This is the proper way to receive the blessings of Krsna, by begging the mercy of the spiritual master
- In India especially, there is now a class of professional Bhagavatam readers whose means of livelihood is to go from village to village, town to town, reading Bhagavatam & collecting daksina, or rewards, in the form of money or goods, like cloth & fruit
- In India especially, there is now a class of professional Bhagavatam readers whose means of livelihood is to go from village to village, town to town, reading Bhagavatam and collecting daksina, or rewards, in the form of money or goods
- Offering by the student to the teacher or spiritual master is called guru-daksina. It is essential that a student satisfy the teacher in return for any learning received, either material or spiritual
- Once Hariscandra performed a yajna for which Visvamitra was the priest, but Visvamitra, being angry at Hariscandra, took away all his possessions, claiming them as a contribution of daksina