crook | crooked | crookedly | crookedness | crookercy | crooks
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Hook Or By Crook (11 P)
Pages in category "Crook"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- A conditioned soul condemns the supreme creator when he meets reverses. Sometimes he accuses the Supreme Personality of Godhead of being crooked because some people are happy and some are not
- According to Prahlada's age and behavior, he was not to be chastised. Yet with staring, crooked eyes, Hiranyakasipu rebuked him with the following harsh words
- Akrura knew that all the sons of Dhrtarastra, headed by Duryodhana, were very crooked politicians
- All these nondevotees and debauchees are, according to Visvanatha Cakravarti, duratmas, or crooked souls in the dress of mahatmas, or great souls
- Arjava means simplicity. A brahmana is not supposed to be crooked and duplicity. No. Simple. It is said even the enemy wants to know something from him, he will clearly say, "It is this." That is called simplicity
- Considering this (demons are crooked like snakes), the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who never falls down, did not deliver a share of nectar to the demons
- Considering this logic (One can bring a snake under control with mantras, herbs and drugs, but an envious and crooked person cannot be brought under control by any means), the SP of Godhead thought it unwise to distribute nectar to the demons
- If this planet (Mars) does not travel in a crooked way, it crosses through each sign of the zodiac in three fortnights and in this way travels through all twelve, one after another
- In everything, the devotee sees the Lord, and he sees everything in the Lord. The specific disturbance created by a duratma, or crooked soul, is due to his maintaining that the transcendental form of the Lord is something material
- It is said that the moon does not withhold its shining from the courtyard of a crooked person. Similarly, Krsna's transcendental mercy is never denied to anyone who has rendered service unto Him, whether through lust, anger, fear or pure love
- It is said, sarpah krurah khalah krurah sarpat kruratarah khalah: "The snake is very crooked and envious, and so also is a person like a demon"
- It is simple for the simple, but it is very hard for the crooked
- That boy had by crooked means become Hussain Shah, Nawab of Bengal, one day his wife saw the mark on his back and inquired about it
- The queens said, "O breeze from the Himalayas, what have we done to you that you are so intent on teasing us by awakening our lust to meet Krsna? Do you not know that we have already been injured by the crooked policy of the Personality of Godhead"
- The wife of Anga, Sunitha, gave birth to a son named Vena, who was very crooked. The saintly King Anga was very disappointed with Vena's bad character, and he left home and kingdom and went out to the forest
- These persons are described here (SB 3.15.46) as duratma, which means a person who has a very crooked heart, or a less intelligent person, just opposite to a mahatma, which means one who has a broad heart