Category:Controlling Sense Gratification
Pages in category "Controlling Sense Gratification"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Because people have no control over the senses and there is no institution to train them to control the senses, the poor fellows fall victim to the criminal offenses of sense gratification, and they are punished after death
- By responsible life, they can make advance. Irresponsible life will not help. Therefore loke vyavayamisa-madya-seva nitya hi jantoh. So our tendency for sense gratification is controlled
- The brahmacaris, or students under the care of a bona fide spiritual master, control the mind by abstaining from sense gratification. BG 1972 purports
- The six agents of sense gratification are the tongue, the genitals, the belly, anger, the mind and words. Anyone who has practiced controlling these six is permitted to make disciples all over the world
- The title gosvami is not an inherited designation; it is meant for a person who has controlled his sense gratification and dedicated his life to executing the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- They (control the mind by abstaining from sense gratification) are referred to in this verse (BG 4.26) as sacrificing the hearing process and the senses in the fire of the controlled mind. BG 1972 purports
- Those who are too much bodily attached, for them this yoga system is controlling the senses, yoga indriya samyamah. Yoga does not mean to increase the power of sense gratification. Yoga means controlling the senses