Barhismati (wife of Priyavrata)
- Queen Barhiṣmatī
Pages in category "Barhismati (wife of Priyavrata)"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Maharaja Priyavrata behaved with her (his wife, Queen Barhismati) just like an ordinary man, but actually he was a great soul
- Maharaja Priyavrata greatly loved his wife Barhismati, and with the increase of days, their exchange of nuptial love also increased
- Maharaja Priyavrata married Barhismati, the daughter of the prajapati named Visvakarma. In her he begot ten sons equal to him in beauty, character, magnanimity and other qualities. He also begot a daughter, the youngest of all, named Urjasvati
- Maharaja Priyavrata not only carried out the order of Lord Brahma by accepting the duties of government, but also married Barhismati, the daughter of Visvakarma, one of the prajapatis
- Maharaja Priyavrata, the husband of Queen Barhismati, gave sovereignty over these islands (the seven islands of Bhu-mandala) to his respective sons, namely Agnidhra, Idhmajihva, Yajnabahu, Hiranyareta, Ghrtaprstha, Medhatithi and Vitihotra