baby | baby's | babies | babyhood | infant
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Baby"
The following 102 pages are in this category, out of 102 total.
- A baby gives pleasure by speaking sweet words in broken language, and when the sons and daughters are grown up one becomes involved in their education and marriage
- A baby has got a shoe, but when he gets the child's body the shoe does not fit. You have to take another shoe. Similarly, when the same child grows or changes body, he requires another shoe
- A small baby bird is practically never satisfied except when the mother bird comes to feed it, a small calf is not satisfied unless allowed to suck the milk from the mother's udder
- A tiny baby bird, dependent fully on its father and mother even to eat, suddenly flies away from the nest when its wings have grown
- Actually She has no desire to stop Krsna's endeavor to touch Her body with His hands, yet Srimati Radharani, whose thighs are like the trunk of a baby elephant, protests His advances and, sweetly smiling, admonishes Him
- After birth, suffering continues; although a mother may take much care for her child, the baby still cries. Why? Because he is suffering
- As a human being has to endeavor to achieve certain results, so Lord Krsna, like an ordinary human being, or like His friend Arjuna, left Dvaraka to bring back the brahmana's baby
- As soon as he (Sambara) learned that Pradyumna had been born, he took the shape of a woman and kidnapped the baby from the maternity home less than ten days after his birth
- As the mothers cared for their respective babies, by the arrangement of yogamaya the babies thought, Here is My mother, and the mothers thought, Here is my son. Because of affection, milk naturally flowed from the mothers' breasts, & the babies drank it
- At the time of dissolution the Lord sometimes appears as a small baby lying on a leaf of a banyan tree, floating on the devastating water. Devahuti suggests, "Your lying down within the abdomen of a common woman like me is not so astonishing
- Because the killing of babies was going on and had already become known, Nanda Maharaja was very much afraid for his newborn child. Thus he appointed the local cowherd men to protect his home and child
- Because Yuvanasva, the father of the baby, was blessed by the brahmanas, he did not fall a victim to death. After this incident, he performed severe austerities and achieved perfection in that very spot
- He (Kamsa) patiently waited for the delivery of the child, expecting to kill Him (Krsna), as he had done previously with the other babies of Devaki
- His (Baby Pradyumna's) eyes were just like the petals of lotus flowers, and his arms were long, reaching down to his knees; any woman who happened to see him was captivated by his bodily beauty
- I hope all the small babies who are now being raised by our married couples will one day do tremendously in the matter of Krishna Consciousness
- I note that your wife and Visalaini both gave birth to baby girls. That is the defect. I want male children but you have no stamina for it. I expected from Visalaini by her belly that it would be a boy. Anyway, never mind
- If a person mistakes a snake for a rope, he dies. Similarly, Putana had killed so many babies before meeting Krsna, and she mistook Him to be like them, but now she was accepting the snake that would kill her immediately
- In his helpless condition, gnats, mosquitoes, bugs and other germs bite the baby, whose skin is tender, just as smaller worms bite a big worm. The unborn child, deprived of his wisdom, cries bitterly
- In some houses He (Caitanya) would steal milk & drink it, and in others He would steal & eat prepared rice. Sometimes He would break cooking pots. If there were nothing to eat but there were small babies, the Lord would tease the babies and make them cry
- In the beginning the body is the size of a pea. Then it grows to become a baby, then a child, a young boy, a youth, a grown man and an old man, and finally, when it becomes useless, the living entity changes into another body
- In the Manu-smrti it is said that if a man, a murderer, one man has killed another man... Why man? Even animal. He's a murderer. Now murdering is no offense. They are killing daily so many babies within the womb, murderers
- Indra, who was worshiped in that yajna, came and solaced the baby. "Do not cry," Indra said. Then Indra put his index finger in the baby's mouth and said, "You may drink me"
- It was He (Krsna) who played the trick of taking away the brahmana's baby as well as the arrows, including the one given by Lord Siva, of which Arjuna was so proud
- Kamsa attempted to kill all the babies born of Devaki and Vasudeva, although he knew that if Visnu were born, He would not be killed
- Krsna said, "Some of you (the gopis) must have babies by this time, although you are very young. You must have left your small babies at home, and they must be crying. Please immediately go back home and just feed them with your breast milk"
- Lord Krsna knew the mystery of Jarasandha's birth. Jarasandha had been born in two different parts from two different mothers. When his father saw that the baby was useless, he threw the two parts into the forest
- Lord Krsna therefore checked Arjuna, assuring him that He would find the baby. He told Arjuna, "Do not foolishly commit suicide"
- Maha-Visnu said, "My dear Krsna and Arjuna, I was very eager to see you both, and therefore I arranged to take away the babies of the brahmana and keep them here"
- Miraculously, the baby (Pradyumna) swiftly grew up, and within a very short period he became a beautiful young man
- Mother Devaki was overwhelmed with joy and was so ecstatic in motherly feeling that milk immediately began to flow from her breasts, and she fed the babies with great satisfaction
- My dear brother (Kamsa), by the influence of destiny you have already killed many babies, each of them as bright and beautiful as fire. But kindly spare this daughter (Yogamaya). Give her to me (Devaki) as your gift - SB 10.4.5
- O lotus-eyed Lord, as baby birds that have not yet developed their wings always look for their mother to return and feed them, I always yearn for the opportunity to render direct service unto You
- On the other hand, when the Lord (Caitanya) learned that the wife of one of His householder devotees was pregnant, He asked that the baby be given a certain auspicious name - CC Intro
- So far your request for initiations for Patrick and Jane, that is approved by me. So far the infant is concerned, let him wait until he is older
- Some of them (ladies) were in the bathroom taking their baths, but without properly finishing their baths, they went to see Krsna and Balarama. Some were engaged in feeding their children breast milk, but they put their babies aside and went to see them
- Some of them (the gopis) were breast-feeding their small babies, and some were engaged in distributing food to the members of their families, but they left all such engagements and immediately rushed toward the spot where Krsna was playing His flute
- That old man Ajamila had ten sons, of whom the youngest was a baby named Narayana. Since Narayana was the youngest of all the sons, he was naturally very dear to both his father and his mother
- The answer is that it is possible, for at the end of the millennium You lie down on a leaf of a banyan tree, and just like a small baby, You lick the toe of Your lotus foot
- The babies therefore began to offer their obeisances unto Lord Krsna, Balarama, their father Vasudeva and their mother Devaki
- The baby cried so much for breast milk that all the brahmanas were very unhappy. "Who will take care of this baby?" they said
- The baby in the lap of his mother is naturally attached to the mother, and the mother is attached to the child. But when the child grows up and becomes overwhelmed by circumstances, he gradually becomes detached from the mother
- The calves, seeing that the babies (Krsna and Balarama) were holding them tightly, would also become afraid. Then the ladies would come to rescue the babies and gladly laugh. This was their enjoyment
- The demon took him (baby Pradyumna) and threw him directly into the sea. But, as it is said, "Whoever is protected by Krsna, no one can kill, and whoever is destined to be killed by Krsna, no one can protect"
- The doe was pregnant, and when it jumped out of fear, the baby deer fell from its womb into the flowing waters of the river
- The elder gopis said, "If by chance They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot find the hidden butter and yogurt, They go to our little babies and pinch their bodies so that they cry, and then They go away"
- The great sage Narada then appeared and explained to her about the birth of Pradyumna and how the baby had been taken away by Sambara and later thrown into the sea. In this way the whole story was disclosed to Mayavati
- The individual soul in the body of a baby cannot show the full power of a grown man, but the S P of Godhead, Krsna, even when lying on the lap of His mother as a baby, could exhibit His full power by killing Putana and other demons who attacked Him
- The mental condition of a baby is different from that of a boy, the mental condition of a boy is different from that of a young man, and the mental condition of a young man is different from that of an old man
- The mother scorpion lays eggs within the rice and by the proper fermentation of the rice the eggs give birth to several baby scorpions, which in due course come out. This does not mean that the rice gives birth to the scorpions
- The picture of Vasudeva exchanging the babies is not correct because Nanda Maharaja should not be in this scene. Vasudeva silently exchanged babies with the sleeping Yasoda, and neither Yasoda nor Nanda Maharaja knew about this till long after
- The seed of existence is within every living entity. The body itself may go through so many changes - it may develop within the mother's womb, come out as a small baby & grow through childhood - but the seed of that existence that is within is permanent
- The unfortunate baby birds, bereft of their mother, are waiting in the nest for her to feed them. They are still very small and have not yet grown their wings. How shall I be able to maintain them?
- The woman, Rati, replied, "Since you (Pradyumna) were stolen by Sambara, your mother, Rukmini-devi, has been in a very grievous condition, like a kurari bird who has lost her babies"
- The words matuh anugrahat ("by the mercy of their mother") refer to the breast milk of their mother. In India it is a common belief that if a baby is fed his mother's milk for at least six months, his body will be very strong
- There (in forest) they (parts of Jarasandha's body) were later found by a witch named Jara, who was skilled in the black arts. She managed to join the two parts of the baby from top to bottom. Knowing this, Lord Krsna therefore also knew how to kill him
- There (on Yamaloka) he searched for the brahmana's baby, but was unable to find him. He then immediately went to the planet where the King of heaven, Indra, lives
- This bow (belonging to Lord Siva) was so heavy that it was carried by three hundred men, but Lord Ramacandra bent and strung it and broke it in the middle, just as a baby elephant breaks a stick of sugarcane
- This dress of Krsna is described as gorgeous. As a baby elephant is sometimes dressed in colorful clothing, so Krsna's gorgeousness was manifested by decoration with such colorful clothing on the different parts of His body
- This woman (Mayavati) was surprised to see how such a nice baby (Pradyumna) could remain within the belly of a fish, and the situation perplexed her
- This woman was engaged for cooking rice and dhal in the kitchen, but when she got this nice baby and understood that he was Cupid, her own husband, she naturally took charge of him and with great affection began to bathe him regularly
- Thus condemned by the brahmana, Arjuna empowered himself with a mystic yoga perfection so that he could travel to any planet to find the brahmana's baby
- Thus the brahmana charged that his newly born baby was dead due to the disqualifications of the King
- To pray to God when he (the baby in mother's womb) is in difficulty is a natural instinct in every living being because he is eternally related with God. BG 1972 purports
- Turmeric mixed with oil and vermilion makes an auspicious ointment that is smeared over the body of a newborn baby or a person who is going to marry. These are all auspicious activities in family affairs
- Vasudeva began to narrate his own past history - how he had been imprisoned by King Kamsa, how his babies had been killed, how immediately after Krsna’s birth he had carried Krsna to the place of Nanda Maharaja
- Vasudeva saw that wonderful child born as a baby wearing bracelets, earrings and similar other ornaments all over His body, and beautified by an abundance of hair on His head
- Vasudeva saw that wonderful child born as a baby wearing the jeweled necklace of kaustubha stone, dressed in yellow silk, appearing dazzling like a bright blackish cloud, wearing a helmet bedecked with the vaidurya stone, valuable bracelets
- We get information from revealed scriptures that when the baby is in the mother's womb (an extremely uncomfortable situation) he prays to God for deliverance and promises to worship Him alone as soon as he gets out. BG 1972 purports
- We have been suffering from the beginning of our birth when as a baby we were tightly placed for nine months in the womb of a mother
- We have recently got a newcomer baby, Srimati Sarasvati devi, and pleased to learn that they are taking all care for you. I am also very glad that your mother is also taking part in Krishna Conscious activities
- We have suffered from the beginning of our birth. As a baby, the human being is tightly placed in the abdomen of the mother in an airtight bag for nine months. He cannot even move, there are insects biting him, and he cannot protest
- When a baby drinks milk from the breast of his mother, this is a good sign of health. So the elderly gopis were not satisfied with chanting mantras to give protection to Krsna; they also tested whether their child's health was in order
- When he (Arjuna) was unable to find the baby even after searching all possible planets, he then attempted to throw himself into a fire, since he had promised the brahmana he would do so if unable to bring back his baby
- When he was in the womb of his mother, Prahlada listened to the words of Narada Muni. One cannot imagine how the baby in embryo could hear Narada, but this is spiritual life; progress in spiritual life cannot be obstructed by any material condition
- When I received news that you are to be operated I was perturbed but I submitted prayer to Krsna & am glad that Krsna is so merciful. He saved your life and your baby. So I am grateful to Krsna & you should know how much grateful we should all be to Krsna
- When Kamsa was killing the six babies of Devaki and Vasudeva one after another, many friends and relatives of Kamsa approached him and requested him to discontinue these heinous activities. But all of them became worshipers of Kamsa
- When Putana, the demonic witch, came to poison Baby Krsna, she came as a beautiful young girl and asked Mother Yasoda - Oh, Yasodamayi, you have a very nice baby. Will you kindly give Him to me so I can nurse Him
- When Saradvan met Urvasi, he discharged semen, which fell on a clump of sara grass. From this semen were born two all-auspicious babies, one male and the other female
- When the cook was cutting the fish, he found within its stomach a nice baby (Pradyumna), which he immediately presented to the charge of Mayavati, who was an assistant in the kitchen affairs
- When the mothers (Yasoda and Rohini) saw small teeth coming in, they would count them and be happy, and when the babies (Krsna and Balarama) saw Their mothers allowing Them to drink their breast milk, the babies also felt transcendental pleasure
- When unable to find the baby on those planets, he (Arjuna) went down to the Rasatala planet, the lowest of the planetary systems
- When unable to find the baby there (Indraloka), he went to the planet of the fire demigod, then to the planet of the Nirrti demigod, and then to the moon planet. Then he went to Vayuloka and Varunaloka
- When Vasudeva, who is also called Anakadundubhi, was looking at his newborn baby, he was so happy that he wanted to give many thousands of cows in charity to the brahmanas
- While Nanda Maharaja was returning to Gokula, the same fierce Putana whom Kamsa had previously engaged to kill babies was wandering about in the towns, cities and villages, doing her nefarious duty - SB 10.6.2
- While playing on the bank of the Ganges, Adhiratha found a baby wrapped up in a basket. The baby had been left by Kunti because he was born before she was married. Because Adhiratha had no sons, he raised this baby as his own
- Within the prison, shackled in iron chains, Vasudeva and Devaki gave birth to a male child year after year, and Kamsa, thinking each of the babies to be the incarnation of Visnu, killed them one after another