Category:Attraction for Krsna
explore via query: "attract* Krsna"@10
- does not include "Kṛṣṇa-katha" or "Kṛṣṇa consciousness"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Attraction for Krsna"
The following 133 pages are in this category, out of 133 total.
- A dance in the midst of many girls is called a rasa dance. So Krsna began to dance among the most beautiful and fortunate girls within the three worlds. The gopis of Vrndavana, who were so attracted to Him, danced with Krsna, hand in hand
- A person who has attained the stage of attraction for Krsna and who is not freed from the material impasse, but who has qualified himself to enter into the kingdom of God, is called sadhaka
- A pure devotee's attraction to Krsna in conjugal love is called devotional service in conjugal love
- After spontaneous attraction becomes highly developed, the devotee is placed in either of the above-mentioned categories (one is indirect conjugal love, the other direct)
- Akrura thought, "His (Krsna's) transcendental beauty has attracted the goddess of fortune to live with Him perpetually"
- All of these different kinds of devotees have a spontaneous attraction for Krsna, in different categories, and they achieve the same desired goal of life
- Although not having fully realized Krsna, persons who have even once surrendered completely unto His lotus feet and who have become attracted to His name, form, qualities and pastimes are completely freed of all sinful reactions
- An attraction for Krsna by the people in general or by children cannot take any specific or satisfactory position
- Arjuna had some bodily relation with Krsna because the Lord happened to be his maternal cousin. But Bhisma had no such bodily relation. Therefore the cause of attraction was due to the intimate relation of the soul
- As soon as soft-hearted people such as women hear those transcendental pastimes of Lord Krsna, they immediately become attracted to Him. Soft-hearted women and girls are therefore very easily drawn to the Krsna consciousness movement
- As stated by you, my missionary work is really a great challenge to the western way of life. But Krishna is so attractive that He is accepted even by the Westerners when the consciousness is presented in the right disciplic succession
- As stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.33.36): Lord Krsna descends apparently as a human being, and He exhibits His transcendental pastimes in Vrndavana so that the conditioned soul may be attracted to hearing His transcendental activities
- At the present moment we have no natural attraction for Krsna; therefore we must understand by knowledge what is Krsna. That is Krsna tattva vetta
- Attracted by the transcendental qualities of Krsna
- Attraction for Living in a Place Where Krsna Has His Pastimes
- Because He is the father of all living beings, therefore there is response from Europe and America. Otherwise, what connection they have got? They have got their Jesus Christ or something else. But why they are attracted to Krsna
- Because that attraction (to topics of Vasudeva) is unceasing, it is certainly sublime - SB 10.1.15
- Bhadra said, "My dear Draupadi, Lord Krsna is the son of my maternal uncle. Fortunately, I became attracted to His lotus feet"
- Bhagavatam is in relation with the Personality of Godhead, His beauty, fame, opulence, dignity, attraction and transcendental qualities which attract one towards Him for exchanges of love and affection
- Brahma, with great attention and concentration of the mind, studied the Vedas three times, and after scrutinizingly examining them, he ascertained that attraction for the Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna is the highest perfection of religion
- By associating with pure devotees and by hearing them submissively, attachment for material enjoyment becomes slackened, and attraction for hearing about the transcendental activities of the Lord becomes prominent
- By associating with pure devotees, one actually develops attraction for Krsna
- By good fortune one becomes eligible to cross the ocean of nescience, and when one's term of material existence decreases, one may get an opportunity to associate with pure devotees. By such association, one's attraction to Krsna is awakened
- By virtue of such attraction (of Krsna), one can give up fruitive activities and all endeavors for liberation and can even abandon the intense desire to achieve success in yoga mystic power
- Due to the different types of attraction for Krsna, there are different varieties of devotees. Their symptoms are manifested transparently, just like jewels
- Due to the material covering, one’s attraction for Krsna is checked. One is not usually attracted by Krsna in the material world, but as soon as one is liberated from material conditioning, he is naturally attracted
- Even if one falls down due to immaturity or bad association, his devotional assets are never lost. There are many examples of this - Ajamila, Maharaja Bharata, and many others
- Experiencing a great attraction, their (the cowherd men) anger completely disappearing, they lifted their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), embraced them in their arms and enjoyed the highest pleasure by smelling their sons' heads - SB 10.13.33
- First of all, however, we have no attraction for hearing about Krsna, and this is the root cause of our suffering
- For all living entities to be attracted toward Krsna is natural, and therefore the Lord's real name is Krsna, meaning He who attracts everyone and everything
- For example, the fraternal feelings of Balarama are mixed with servitude and parental affection. Similarly, King Yudhisthira's attraction for Krsna is also mixed with parental affection and servitude
- For those who have developed an attraction to Krsna, attachment can be developed. Before my coming to the West, there was no movement like this Krsna consciousness, but now it is developing
- Friends who were younger than Krsna, who were always attached to Him and who gave Him all kinds of service, are called ordinary friends, or, simply, friends
- If in accordance with one’s own natural development in Krsna consciousness one’s attraction leans toward conjugal love within the heart, that is called attachment in conjugal love, or madhura-rasa - Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu 3.5.1
- If one is attracted to talks about Me and has faith in the instructions I have set forth in the Bhagavad-gita, and if one is neither falsely detached from material things, his dormant love for Me will be awakened by devotional service
- If someone goes to Vrndavana, he will immediately feel separation from Krsna, who performed such nice activities when He was present there. Such attraction for remembering Krsna's activities is known as attachment for Krsna
- If we think that "I have got attraction on Krsna and also the sense gratification," that means bogus. The test is how far I am detached to sense gratification. Then it means that you have increased your spiritual life
- If you increase your attraction for Krsna, then naturally you lose attraction for sex. That is Krsna consciousness
- In literature such as Nama-kaumudi this state of existence is accepted as continual affection for or attraction to Krsna
- In the clear sky of autumn, the beautiful moon among the beautiful stars becomes the cynosure of all eyes, just as Lord Sri Krsna is the central attraction in the Vrsni dynasty or in the family of Yadu
- In the mirror of Radharani's heart, the transcendental features of Krsna appear increasingly new and fresh. In other words, the attraction of Krsna increases in proportion to the understanding of Srimati Radharani. Each tries to supersede the other
- In this way he stayed immovable in one place for one hundred years by the calculations of the demigods. After this time, he developed pure devotional attraction for Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and remained fixed in that position
- Indeed, a devotee of Krsna who is attached to the sublime attractive features of the Lord does not consider Narayana very important. When the gopis sometimes saw Krsna in the form of Narayana, they were not very much attracted to Him
- Indeed, Cupid's five arrows were Our via media. Now, during this separation, that attraction has increased to another ecstatic state. My dear friend, please act as a messenger on My behalf, because if one is in love with a beautiful person
- It (attraction for Krsna) can be manifest sometimes in trembling of the body and changing of the color of the eyes (to red, white, etc.), although there is no symptom of any particular affection
- It is generally said that the gopis were attached to Krsna for sense attractions, and yet they became first-class devotees of the Lord. Kamsa, Sisupala, Dantavakra and other demons, however, were related to Krsna as enemies
- It is the business of the sannyasis to go as beggars to the householders and encourage them to be Krsna conscious
- Katha-rati, attraction for krsna-katha. Simply let us hear, let us chant, let us think of Krsna. That will make us very much rapidly progressive on the spiritual path
- Krsna consciousness movement means to give these people a chance to associate with devotees and thus become attracted to Krsna
- Krsna continued, "You (the gopis) have displayed exemplary attraction for Me, overcoming the greatest difficulties arising from family connections"
- Krsna exhibits Himself in His relationships in Vrndavana and at the Battle of Kuruksetra so that people will be attracted to Him and will return home, back to Godhead
- Krsna is the most attractive feature for every kind of devotee. He is therefore called akhila-rasamrta-murti, the transcendental form of attraction for all kinds of devotees, whether the devotee be in the santa-rasa, dasya-rasa or sakhya-rasa
- Krsna is the most attractive feature for every kind of devotee. He is therefore called akhila-rasamrta-murti, the transcendental form of attraction for all kinds of devotees, whether the devotee be in the santa-rasa, vatsalya-rasa or madhurya-rasa
- Krsna is thus (in BG 7.9-12) explaining Himself as He is. Yet we are not attracted to Him. Why is this? The reason is given by Krsna Himself: daivi hy esa guna-mayi, mama maya duratyaya, mam eva ye prapadyante, mayam etam taranti te - Bg. 7.14
- Krsna was not attracted by the opulence or personal beauty of the gopis but by their pure devotional service. Similarly, the gopis were attracted to Krsna as a cowherd boy, not in sophisticated guise
- Kuntidevi prays that just as the River Ganges flows toward the sea, her attraction will flow incessantly toward Krsna's lotus feet. This is called unalloyed devotion. Thus Kuntidevi prays that her attraction for Krsna will flow without hindrance
- Laksmana said, "As I have already informed you, from the very beginning my mind was attracted by Lord Krsna, and thus I considered the garlanding of the Lord my great victory"
- Laksmana said, "I have always been thinking of Him (Krsna), and thus my attraction for Him has increased"
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, many times I heard the great sage Narada glorifying the pastimes of Krsna. I became attracted to the lotus feet of Krsna when I heard Narada say that the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, was also attracted to His lotus feet"
- Laksmana said, "My dear Queen, my father was very affectionate toward me. When he understood that I was attracted to Krsna, he devised a plan like that devised by your father"
- Let my ultimate attraction be to Sri Krsna, the P of G. I concentrate my mind upon the chariot driver of Arjuna who stood with a whip in His right hand and a bridle rope in His left, who was very careful to give protection to Arjuna's chariot by all means
- Maharaja Pariksit also warned that persons who are simply engaged in killing animals and in killing themselves may not be very much attracted to krsna-katha
- May His (Krsna) glittering yellow dress and His lotus face, covered with paintings of sandalwood pulp, be the object of my (Bhismadeva) attraction, and may I not desire fruitive results
- May His (Krsna) lotus feet always remain the object of my (Bhismadeva) attraction
- My dear King, it is very difficult to describe the character of Prahlada. He developed a natural attraction for Krsna, and whatever I can explain about his character will simply be an arrangement of words; his actual character is impossible to describe
- My dear, just see how all of a sudden in the sky of Krsna there is a powerful sun & how this rising sun is minimizing the rays of our chastity moon. Our attraction for Krsna is so intense that it is drying up the lotus flower of our discrimination
- O Your Majesty, best of all saintly kings, because you (King Pariksit) are greatly attracted to topics of Vasudeva, it is certain that your intelligence is firmly fixed in spiritual understanding, which is the only true goal for humanity - SB 10.1.15
- On account of his association with mahatmas, or great souls one hundred percent in the devotional service of the Lord, one may attain a little bit of attraction for Sri Krsna
- One increases the attraction for Krsna, they will never be happy. simply changing attraction on the material platform under different names, that will be failure
- One instance of Vasudeva's attraction to Krsna occurred when Vasudeva saw the Gandharva dance at Mathura. Another instance occurred in Dvaraka when Vasudeva was surprised to see a picture of Krsna
- One of the cowherd girls said, "My dear beautiful Kutila, you are the most beautiful of all the cowherd girls of Vrndavana, and because of your extraordinary beauty, I think you must be beyond the attraction of the sweet blowing of Krsna's flute!"
- One who wants to return home to serve the Lord directly may be attracted to Krsna as a servant, friend, father or mother
- One's life is successful if he is absorbed in the attraction of Krsna's strength, beauty and pastimes as described in the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Our relationships with one another can be perfected only when we make our center of attraction Krsna, the all-attractive PG. Constitutionally, we are all eternally related to Krsna, who is the original living being and thus the center of all attraction
- Radharani continued, "'A human being does not live more than a hundred years. You should also consider that the youthfulness of a woman, which is the only attraction for Krsna, remains for only a few days"'
- Radharani then (after Her bathing) puts on two garments - a lower and an upper garment. The upper garment is pinkish and is Her affection and attraction for Krsna, and the lower garment, a blackish silk sari, is Her shyness
- Rupa Gosvami says, "Out of their attraction they distributed food to Krsna." Here the two devotional mellows are conjugal love and parental love, and the result is called upa-rasa in conjugal love
- She (Kunti) does not want to be attracted to anything but Krsna. This is perfection, and this is actually wanted
- She (Kuntidevi) prays that her attraction be constantly drawn unto Krsna without being diverted to anything else. This is bhakti, pure devotional service, for as mentioned by Rupa Gosvami, devotional service should be unalloyed
- Since there is no prominent Krsna-Balarama temple in Vrndavana, we are attempting to construct one so that people will be attracted to Krsna-Balarama, or Nitai-Gauracandra. Vrajendra-nandana yei, saci suta haila sei
- Since they (pure devotees) are not attracted to other features of Krsna (what to speak of the demigods), they are not concerned with any form of a demigod or of a human being. BG 1972 purports
- Spontaneous attraction to Krsna under two headings, One is profound veneration for the greatness of the Lord, and the other may be one's automatically being attracted to Krsna without any extraneous consideration
- Srila Gopinatha is the ultimate attraction in spiritual realization
- Srila Rupa Gosvami says, "The wives of the yajnic brahmanas were all young girls, and they were attracted to Krsna in the same way as the gopis of Vrndavana"
- Srimati Radharani is the most beautiful, and She always enchants Krishna, but at the same time, Krishna is always the Enchanter of Radharani. This reciprocal attraction of Radharani and Krishna is the basic principal of Lord Caitanya's philosophy
- Such a person, if he has unflinching attraction to Krsna, becomes an eligible candidate for discharging devotional service
- The attraction (for Krsna) is so powerful that a pure devotee never hankers for any one of the four principles of religion. These are the attractive features of the transcendental attributes of the Lord
- The attraction of Kamsa to Krsna in fear and the attraction of Sisupala in envy are not accepted as devotional service, however, because their attitudes are not favorable. Devotional service should be executed only in a favorable frame of mind
- The attraction of Krsna is so intense that one can lose respect for all other means of self-realization and simply surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The attraction of the gopis for Krsna and the affection of the members of the Yadu dynasty are both accepted as spontaneous, or raganuga
- The attraction to Krsna of devotees on the platform of neutrality increases up to love of Godhead (prema), and the attraction of devotees on the platform of servitorship increases to spontaneous attachment (raga)
- The gopis may be considered to be examples of spontaneous love in sensual attraction. The gopis are young girls, and Krsna is a young boy. Superficially it seems that the gopis are attracted to Krsna on grounds of sex
- The gopis said, "There is no woman within these three worlds who cannot but deviate from her path of chastity once she is attracted to You (Krsna), because Your beauty is so sublime"
- The great devotee Prahlada Maharaja confirms that people in general do not know that their ultimate center of attraction is Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. And in the Visnu category, Sri Krsna is the supreme attraction
- The husbands began to discuss this amongst themselves: "How wonderful is the attraction for Krsna, that it has made these women leave us without any care!" This is the influence of Krsna
- The idea expressed in this statement is that the gopis were comparing their attraction for Krsna to an attack by demons
- The Krsna consciousness movement is a boon to philosophers, religionists and people in general. There is certainly a charming attraction in Krsna and krsna-katha. Therefore the Absolute Truth is called Krsna, the most attractive
- The Pandavas could not even think of separation from Sri Krsna, since the attraction was more intense for them because of continuous personal contact
- The word hari has different meanings, of which two are foremost. Hari means that He takes away all inauspicious things from the devotee's life and that He attracts the mind of the devotee by awarding him transcendental love of Godhead
- There are different kinds of relationships with Krsna, and anyone who is attracted to Krsna by a particular relationship is glorified
- There is a warning for devotees attracted to Krsna through conjugal love: it is not good for them to desire sense gratification by direct association with Krsna. Actually, the activities of sense gratification are material
- These are the symptoms of a person who has developed attraction (bhava) for Krsna. Now let Me (Caitanya) describe the symptoms of a person who is actually elevated to love of Krsna. O Sanatana, please hear this from Me
- These things can be avoided when one is very much advanced in Krsna Consciousness. Krsna's Name is Madan Mohan, the conqueror of lusty desires, or the cupid. Unless one is very much attracted with Krsna one cannot give up or avoid attraction of Cupid
- They (the gopis) became filled with attraction for Him (Krsna), and they began to kiss Him. Some gopis touched Krsna cheek to cheek, and Krsna began to offer them chewed betel nuts from His mouth, which they accepted with great pleasure by kissing
- This hopelessness (what Kamsa felt) has a slight touch of attraction for Krsna, it is considered to be a reflection of ecstatic love in hopelessness
- This is the movement of Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu and if you take advantage of it you will see how your attraction to material life diminishes in proportion to your attraction for Krishna, which will increase more and more
- This kaisora age can be translated as adolescence. At the end of this period all the gopis said, "Krsna is the killer of the attraction of Cupid, and as such He disturbs the patience of all newly-married girls"
- This natural attraction for Krsna on the part of Prahlada was developed simply by the mercy of Narada
- This very fact means that although the attraction of the gopis for Krsna appears to be lusty, it is not in the least bit material
- To counteract their attraction for the beauty of Krsna, they were also turning to Krsna hopefully, because He is the killer of all kinds of demons
- To develop attraction for Krishna is not difficult, you simply have to hear about Krishna, his activities, his name, his form and his teaching in Bhagavad-gita
- When a living entity, by his intelligence, reawakens his attraction for Krsna, he can understand that he isn't the body but part & parcel of Krsna. Thus filled with knowledge, he no longer labors under attachment to body & everything related to it
- When all misgivings and personal deficiencies are removed, there is a standard faith in transcendental matter and the taste for it increases in greater proportion. This stage leads to attraction and after this there is bhava
- When Krsna appeared in the arena of the raja-suya sacrifice organized by Maharaj Yudhisthira, to all present, including great sages and demigods, Krsna became the cynosure, the center of attraction, and everyone offered Him their respects
- When Lord Krsna was present in this material world to manifest His eternal pastimes of the transcendental realm of Goloka Vrndavana as an attraction for the people in general, He displayed a unique picture of subordination before His foster mother, Yasoda
- When one is attracted to Krsna on the transcendental platform, there is no longer any logical argument on the basis of revealed scripture, nor are there considerations of such conclusions
- When one is situated in this confidential friendly relationship with Krsna, one shows symptoms of love such as attraction, affection, affinity and attachment
- When the attraction for Krsna is based only on one particular humor, that is called kevala, or pure state
- When the mind is somehow or other fully absorbed in Krsna, the material part is very soon vanquished, and the spiritual part - attraction to Krsna - becomes manifest
- Wherever we (Nanda Maharaja and the denizens of Vrndavana) wander in the material universe under the influence of karma by the will of the Lord, may our auspicious activities cause our attraction to Lord Krsna to increase
- While fighting was going on between Arjuna and Bhisma, Bhisma's attraction was drawn by the glittering dress of Krsna, and indirectly he admired his so-called enemy Arjuna for possessing the Lord as his friend
- Whoever bathes just once in Radha-kunda attains Srimati Radharani's loving attraction for Sri Krsna. Who within this world can describe the glories and sweetness of Sri Radha-kunda
- You are attracted to something for getting some pleasure. So that pleasure is interrupted because we have posed our attraction in some false things. You have to change that attraction to the real thing, Krsna. Then you'll be happy
- Your (Radharani's) loving qualities always attract Me (Krsna) to Vrndavana. Indeed, they will bring Me back within ten or twenty days, and when I return I shall enjoy both day and night with You and all the damsels of Vrajabhumi