Category:At The Cost Of
"at the cost of"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "At The Cost Of"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- A cruel and wretched person who maintains his existence at the cost of others' lives deserves to be killed for his own well-being, otherwise he will go down by his own actions
- A devotee sometimes takes the risk of approaching nondevotee rascals even at the cost of life. The best example is your Christian religion's Lord Jesus Christ
- A life for a life is just punishment for a person who cruelly and shamelessly lives at the cost of another's life. Political morality is to punish a person by a death sentence in order to save a cruel person from going to hell
- A responsible king like Maharaja Pariksit could not allow the friend of irreligiosity to flourish in his kingdom at the cost of the good fame of the Pandavas
- A typical king is the ideal of the people in general, and if the king is pious, religious, chivalrous and munificent, the citizens generally follow him. Such a king is not a lazy sensuous person living at the cost of the subjects
- After spending so much money, living at the cost of fathers, mothers - unemployed. No job. No food. Then plan something, Naxalite, this party, that party
- All living beings are living at the cost of the Supreme Lord, and therefore one who is intelligent should not work very hard for material comforts. Rather, one should save his energy for advancing in Krsna consciousness
- All the acaryas who voluntarily accepted the renounced order of life aimed at benefiting human society and not at living a comfortable or irresponsible life at the cost of others
- Being a pure devotee he (Arjuna) agreed to fight on God's instruction because he came to his senses & realized that satisfaction of God at the cost of his own satisfaction was his prime duty. He became akama. That is the perfect stage of a living being
- Brahmana will live at the cost of others' contribution. That is source of income
- Despite your (Dhrtarastra) unwillingness to die and your desire to live even at the cost of honor and prestige, your miserly body will certainly dwindle and deteriorate like an old garment
- During the day there are household expenditures, and the money earned by the husband at the cost of his blood is taken away. At night, due to sex pleasure, the husband discharges blood in the form of semen
- Everyone has the right to live at the cost of God with God consciousness. This is the sum and substance of the Krsna consciousness movement
- Everyone should be given freedom to live at the cost of the supreme father, and animal-killing - either for religion or for food - is always condemned by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Everything belongs to God, and we are all sons of God. Everyone has got the right to live at the cost of God. This is our philosophy
- Everything is property of Krsna, of God. Everything is supplied by Krsna. You are living at the cost of Krsna
- Happiness of humanity at the cost of the lives of poor animals. That is not recommended herein. This verse clearly says that one should be compassionate to all living entities. Regardless of whether human, animal, tree or plant
- He has given the name of the book, Hare Krishna and Counterculture. He is selling at the cost of twelve dollars; still, all high class, educated class, are purchasing
- If temples print independently it will be at the cost of the books I am myself printing, and could eventually cause the financial ruin of the BBT meaning I could not order new books from the printer
- If the human civilization has sufficient grains, minerals, jewels, water, milk, etc., then why should it hanker after terrible industrial enterprises at the cost of the labor of some unfortunate men?
- In Kali-yuga the kings and heads of state enjoy life at the cost of taxes exacted from the citizens. Such unfair taxation makes the people dishonest, and the people try to hide their income in so many ways
- In the present context of material advancement one uses lipstick at a cost of fifty cents, and there are so many unwanted things which are all products of the material conception of life
- It is the duty of the king to look after the comforts of the citizens, even at the cost of his own personal convenience. This is not the case, however, in Kali-yuga
- It would be better to live in this world by begging than to live at the cost of the lives of great souls who are my (Arjuna) teachers. Even though desiring worldly gain, they are superiors. If they are killed, everything we enjoy will be tainted
- It's better to live in this world by begging than to live at the cost of the lives of great souls who're my teachers. Even though they are avaricious, they're nonetheless superiors. If they are killed, our spoils will be tainted with blood. BG 2.5 - 1972
- One should never attempt to become a so-called transcendentalist, renouncing work and living at the cost of others. BG 1972 purports
- Only the grhasthas are allowed to make money, to earn money. But the brahmacari and the vanaprastha and sannyasi is to live at the cost the grhasthas. Brahmacaris shall go from door to door and beg alms and bring it for the spiritual master
- Outdoor kirtana must be done, even at the cost of suspending all editorial work. That is your first and foremost business. Temple worship is not so important. If need be, the whole temple can be locked, but the outdoor kirtana cannot be stopped
- Princes offered prayers to Krsna, "Because we were all envious and wanted to conquer one another, we all engaged in fighting for supremacy, even at the cost of sacrificing the lives of many citizens"
- Pure devotees are able to rectify the polluted atmosphere of any place, and what to speak of a holy place rendered unholy by the questionable actions of interested persons who try to adopt a professional life at the cost of the reputation of a holy place
- Renunciation means to give up these sinful activities. That is real renunciation. Otherwise, you cannot renounce anything. You have to live. And that is allowed at the cost of God
- Rulers illegally gratify themselves at the cost of all comforts of the citizens, and thus the chaste mother earth cries to see the pitiable condition of her sons, both men and animals
- That is the allegation against the sadhus, that they are parasites, dependent on the society, eating at the cost of others. So many accusations. But actually, that is not the fact. Krsnaa has provided food for everyone
- That is the future of the world in the age of Kali (rulers illegally gratify themselves at the cost of all comforts of the citizens), when irreligiosity prevails most prominently
- The artificial way of living depending on factories and tools can render so-called happiness only to a limited number at the cost of millions
- The asuras want to enjoy a life of sense gratification, even at the cost of others happiness
- The asuras want to enjoy a life of sense gratification, even at the cost of others' happiness
- The jugglery of science is gradually leading people to a godless civilization at the cost of the goal of human life
- The kala is finished now. You see? Now, "Natural History." So many dead stone they have brought, and so costly building, and showing "natural history." This is going on, simply cheating and bluffing at the cost of poor man's blood
- The renounced order of life is never meant for begging or living at the cost of others as a parasite. According to the dictionary, a parasite is a sycophant who lives at the cost of society without making any contribution to that society
- The vested interests flourish at the cost of the working class, and consequently there are severe clashes between them in so many ways
- This is Kali-yuga, means "Plunder the citizens, take money from them, and live comfortably at the cost of the poor citizens."
- This principle (one cannot take more than necessary) should especially be followed by brahmanas and sannyasis who live at the cost of others
- We do not condemn modern civilization but we don't like to get it at the cost of God Consciousness; that is suicide
- We must always remember that a devotee's life is one of vairagya-vidya, or renunciation and knowledge. Therefore all devotees are warned not to live unnecessarily luxurious lives at the cost of others
- We must always remember that a devotee’s life is one of vairagya-vidya, or renunciation and knowledge. Therefore all devotees are warned not to live unnecessarily luxurious lives at the cost of others
- With such resources (material energy & ingredients), and at the cost of valuable energy, the conditioned soul creates, satisfies his whims, but unwillingly has to depart from all his creations and enter into another phase of life to create again and again
- You American boys & girls can make very large profit, but why you have taken to KC? You are not meant for profit making but for advancing in spiritual life. We should not take to the restaurant for profit making at the cost of slackening spiritual life
- You work little, get your food grains produced, and you can sumptuously eat. But it doesn't require a scientific slaughterhouse for bringing big, big cows and live in the city at the cost of the life of the poor animals. This is misuse of intelligence