At One Time
"at one time"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Once (6 C, 679 P)
Pages in category "At One Time"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- All kinds of happiness disappear in old age. Consequently, no one likes old age, or jara. Thus Jara, as the daughter of Time, is known as a most unfortunate daughter. She was, however, at one time accepted by a great king, Yayati
- All three (adhidaivika, adhyatmika and adhibhautika) may assail one at one time, or one misery may be absent and the other present. Thus the living entity is full of anxiety, fearing misery from one side or the other
- At one time that (spiritual advancement) was India's principle of life, and there was a class of people, the brahmanas, who engaged themselves exclusively in spiritual culture
- At the present moment, the temple of Kesavaji is very much improved. At one time, Kesavaji-mandira was attacked by the emperor Aurangzeb, who constructed such a big mosque there that the temple of Kesavaji was insignificant in comparison
- Because all the universes are produced simultaneously by the exhalation of the Maha-Visnu, no one can begin to calculate how many Manus are manifest at one time
- By the grace of the SPG, Krsna, a Krsna conscious person can see all his dormant desires at one time and finish all his future transmigrations. This facility is especially given to the devotee to make his path clear for returning home, back to Godhead
- I was also at one time interested in politics and Gandhi's non-cooperation movement
- If someone partakes of the remnants of offerings to Lord Krishna, then he is sure to come back to Krishna Consciousness again at one time or another
- In Africa there are so many elephants, millions of elephants. They eat at a time forty kilograms. And who is supplying food? They have no business. They have no profession. How they are eating?
- In each and every species of life, the living entity gets a body to satisfy various senses, but he cannot enjoy all his senses at one time
- It has been explained in the previous verse (SB 4.29.68) that all desires on the mental platform become visible one after another. Sometimes, however, by the supreme will of the Personality of Godhead, the whole stockpile can be visible all at one time
- It is of course not unheard of in the history of the world that a powerful king would keep many hundreds of queens, but although such a king might be the only husband of so many wives, he could not enjoy all of them at one time
- One time an atheistic svami remarked, "What is the use of watering the tulasi plant? It is better to water eggplant. By watering the eggplant one can get some fruits, but what is the use of watering the tulasi?"
- One time, having seen the great disturbances in Brhadvana, all the elderly persons among the cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, assembled and began to consider what to do to stop the continuous disturbing situations in Vraja - SB 10.11.21
- Sex desire expands to various political, social, altruistic, philanthropic & many other unwanted engagements, resembling the foam of the sea waves, which becomes very prominent at one time and at the next moment vanishes as quickly as a cloud in the sky
- Simply you go on questioning and don't take anything. That is no use. Take. Make one question. Try to understand. Adopt it in life. Then make another question. Don't take all the answers at a time and become suffering in dysentery
- Since Kardama Muni could understand that Devahuti wanted many children, at the first chance he begot nine children at one time
- The cowherd boys said, "If we all at one time entered into the mouth of this great serpent, how could it possibly swallow all of us? And even if it were to swallow all of us at once, it could not swallow Krsna. Krsna will kill him, as He did Bakasura"
- The impregnation of material nature by the father, Lord Siva, is wonderful because at 1 time innumerable living entities are conceived. Bhago jivah sa vijneyah sa canantyaya kalpate (Svetasvatara Upanisad 5.9). These living entities are very, very small
- The Lord (Krsna) was just waiting to get them together on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra and kill them all at one time, just to make a short-cut in His killing mission
- The story is told that at one time a man, very much attracted to a beautiful woman, wooed the woman in such a way that she devised a plan to show him the ingredients of her beauty
- The swine is more expert than the human being because the swine can beget a dozen piglets at a time, whereas the human being can give birth to only one at a time
- There is nothing especially required of you, Lord Krsna replied. I only wanted to see you together at one time. I offer My blessing to you. Don't fear the demons
- To surrender to Krishna all at once is not generally possible, but as we serve Krishna more and more, we gradually become more and more surrendered at His Lotus Feet
- We can follow Lord Krsna's dealings with His wives as an ordinary human being, but His dealings with more than sixteen thousand wives at one time cannot be imitated
- What is this nonsense? If He's God, God is good, how can you blame Him? God is good; in all circumstances, He's good. That is the meaning of good. Good does not mean that one time you are good and next time you are bad