Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
"among themselves"|"amongst themselves"
Pages in category "Among Themselves"
The following 73 pages are in this category, out of 73 total.
- Acting from within the cores of the hearts of all philosophers, who propagate various views, He causes them to forget their own souls while sometimes agreeing and sometimes disagreeing among themselves
- After all the devotees saw this example, a mentality of fear grew among them. Therefore they all stopped talking with women, even in dreams
- After hearing the vibration of the flute of Krsna, the gopis in Vrndavana remembered Him and began to talk amongst themselves about how nicely Krsna was playing His flute
- After sunrise the gopis came as usual to offer their respects to Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda, but when they saw the golden chariot of Uddhava at the door, they began to inquire among themselves: What was that chariot, and to whom did it belong
- After this incident, all the elder cowherd men assembled together, and Nanda Maharaja presided. They began to consult amongst themselves how to stop the great disturbances in Mahavana on account of the demons
- All the residents of Mathura began to talk among themselves about the elevated and pious activities of the people of Vrndavana
- All the sages began to talk amongst themselves: Since the King is dead and there is no protector in the world, misfortune may befall the people in general on account of rogues and thieves
- Although Lord Balarama knew very well that by slight provocation people are prepared to fight with one another in the Age of Kali, He did not like the idea that the two great dynasties, the Kuru dynasty and the Yadu dynasty, would fight amongst themselves
- Among people of the lower classes, intermarriage and the drinking of wine are allowed, for these people do not recognize such conduct as sinful among themselves
- Among them were the following demons: Namuci, Sambara, Bana, Vipracitti, Ayomukha, Dvimurdha, Kalanabha, Praheti, Heti, Ilvala, Sakuni, Bhutasantapa, Vajradamstra, Virocana, Hayagriva, Sankusira, Kapila, Meghadundubhi, Taraka, Cakradrk, Sumbha, Nisumbha
- Amongst themselves. Now they will fight in the family. So people are becoming so degraded. They require all to be killed
- As usual for small children, He learned to play, and with His playmates He went to the houses of neighboring friends, stealing their eatables and eating them. Sometimes the children fought among themselves
- Generally pure devotees utilize their valuable time in chanting and discussing various activities of Lord Krsna or Lord Caitanya amongst themselves
- God's property, why you should fight among themselves? Property belongs to somebody else. Insanity. Just like this is government park. Anyone can come in. Everyone can equally enjoy
- Gopis began to talk among themselves: "Just see how Radharani has become intoxicated simply by seeing Krsna before Her!" This is an instance of ecstatic love in intoxication
- He (Krsna) was treating them (the gopis) like ordinary society women. Therefore they began to smile among themselves, and though they very eagerly listened to Krsna talk in that way, they were surprised
- How foolishly they are propagating a false theory, and amongst themselves self-complacent, getting prize, eulogization. What is this nonsense? Expose them. Bluffing. The bluffing should be exposed
- I do not know how I can solve all of these departmental problems if they are all referred to me. It would be better if the department heads could work out such things amongst themselves
- I do not know why our students who are supposed to be the leaders of this movement will fight amongst themselves for supremacy. Our whole process is of surrendering
- I think in ordinary administration the presidents of different centers may consult amongst themselves and make certain general procedures by mutual agreement. But when there is some more important factor, that must be referred to me
- In the same Lalita-madhava there is an account of Krsna's kidnapping Rukmini at her royal marriage ceremony. At that time all of the princes present began to converse amongst themselves
- In the Tenth Canto, 30th Chapter, 26th verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam there is the following statement: "When the gopis were searching after Krsna and Radha after the rasa dance, they thus began to speak amongst themselves"
- Intoxication in the person of Sri Radharani after She saw Krsna: sometimes She was talking without any meaning, and sometimes She was praying to Her associate gopis. Seeing these symptoms in Radharani, the gopis began to talk among themselves
- Kanistha-adhikaris devotees follow the routine formulas and sometimes quarrel among themselves, considering one type of devotion better than another
- Krsna appears in this world for two purposes, to protect the innocent, religious devotees of the Lord and to annihilate all the uneducated, uncultured asuras, who unnecessarily bark like dogs and fight among themselves for political power
- On Kailasa Hill there is always the rhythmical sound of the peacocks' sweet vibrations and the bees' humming. Cuckoos are always singing, and other birds whisper amongst themselves
- Only human beings have consciousness of right and wrong, and among them only those who perform sinful activities come under the control of Yamaraja. Therefore although Yamaraja is a controller, he is only a departmental controller
- Since all living beings are sons of the Supreme Lord, everyone can enjoy the material facilities given by the Lord, but unfortunate living entities create unfavorable conditions of life by fighting among themselves
- Some of the gopis addressed Him thusly: "My dear Krsna, because of Your adolescent age, You have just become the spiritual master of these young girls, and You are teaching them to whisper among themselves"
- Sometimes brothers fight among themselves, and sometimes they have very friendly dealings. There is no certainty when such changes will take place
- Sometimes he is cheated in business transactions one after another. In this way, by cheating, living entities create enmity among themselves
- Sometimes Krsna would take a palm fan and fan the body of Balarama, causing a pleasing breeze to relieve Him of His fatigue. Other boys would sometimes dance or sing while Balarama took rest, and sometimes they would wrestle amongst themselves or jump
- Sometimes they (Krsna and His firends) would play amongst themselves like a king and his subjects
- Such administrators quarrel every day among themselves
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "(Krsna and His friends) thus enjoyed joking amongst themselves, the denizens of heaven would become struck with wonder and would only stare at the scene"
- Supreme Personality of Godhead said to demigods, "Do not be aggrieved. By My own energy I shall bewilder the demons by creating a quarrel among them. In this way I shall fulfill your desire to have the nectar"
- The boys began to talk among themselves: "Dear friends, this figure appears to be a great animal, and he is sitting in such a posture just to swallow us all. Just see - is it not a big snake that has widened his mouth to eat all of us?"
- The citizens of Mathura spoke among themselves, "Sankhacuda, Kesi, Dhenukasura and many other demons were killed by Krsna and Balarama in Vrndavana. Krsna also saved all the cowherd men of Vrndavana from a devastating fire"
- The demigods were situated on the top of Mandara Hill, and all their wives began to shower flowers on the funeral pyre and began to talk amongst themselves
- The gopis and the men began to converse amongst themselves about how wonderful it was that child Krsna had been attacked in so many ways and so many times by so many demons, and yet the demons themselves had been killed and Krsna had remained uninjured
- The gopis assembled there spoke among themselves, "What sort of austerities and penances we must have undergone in our previous lives! We must have worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead, offered different kinds of sacrifices and made charities"
- The gopis used to discuss Krsna amongst themselves, and their talks were as follows. "My dear friends," one gopi said, "do you know that when Krsna lies on the ground He rests on His left elbow, and His head rests on His left hand?"
- The great sage Maitreya continued speaking: My dear Vidura, when the wives of the denizens of heaven were thus talking amongst themselves, Queen Arci reached the planet which her husband, Maharaja Prthu, the topmost self-realized soul, had attained
- The husbands began to discuss this amongst themselves: "How wonderful is the attraction for Krsna, that it has made these women leave us without any care!" This is the influence of Krsna
- The princesses, being attracted by Saubhari Muni, gave up their sisterly relationship and quarreled among themselves, each one of them contending, "This man is just suitable for me, and not for you"
- The rays of the sun are declining, and the stars appear to be fighting amongst themselves. Confused living entities appear to be ablaze and weeping
- The students of a great devotee once talked amongst themselves in this way, "My dear Godbrothers, our spiritual master, after seeing the lotus feet of the Lord, has thrown himself into the fire of lamentation"
- The unwanted administrators, puffed up by false power and military strength, thus become engaged in fighting amongst themselves over ideological conflicts and so exhaust themselves of all powers. The history of the world reflects this
- There are four sects of worshipful devotees of the Lord, and the chief amongst them are the Brahma-sampradaya, Rudra-sampradaya and Sri-sampradaya, descending directly from Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and the goddess of fortune, Laksmi, respectively
- There are many rivers in the world which are able to evoke one's sense of God consciousness simply by one's bathing in them, and the River Ganges is chief amongst them
- Thereafter, on the tenth day, the inhabitants of Vrndavana were talking amongst themselves about the wonderful activities of Krsna, and the next day, Ekadasi, was observed by Nanda Maharaja
- They (the brahmanas) began to talk among themselves: "To hell with our being born brahmanas! To hell with our learning all the Vedic literatures! To hell with our performing great sacrifices and observing all the rules and regulations"
- They (the brahmanas) continued to talk among themselves: "The external energy of Krsna is so strong that it can create illusion to overcome even the greatest mystic yogi"
- They (the citizens of Mathura) began to talk among themselves about the two transcendental brothers. For a long time they had heard of the beauty and activities of Krsna and Balarama, but now they were personally seeing Them face to face
- They (the gopis and cowherd men) continued to converse amongst themselves about how so many great demons in such fierce bodies had attacked Krsna to kill Him but, by the grace of Hari, had not been able to cause even a slight injury
- This sportive playing went on amongst the boys as childhood pastimes
- Thus they (the gopis) talked among themselves. They were very anxious to know about him (Uddhava), and because they were simple, unsophisticated village girls, they surrounded Uddhava
- When children are playing, they sometimes select a "king" amongst themselves, and the selected child may think that he is actually the king
- When they (Nanda Maharaja and the cowherd men) were all thus consulting among themselves, Krsna understood their minds, and in order to assure them of their destiny in the spiritual kingdom, He showed them the spiritual sky
- When they (young girls of Hastinapur) saw Him (Krsna) in the midst of His many queens, like the full moon situated amidst many luminaries, they began to talk amongst themselves
- When they arrived at the seashore, they conferred among themselves. Then some of them sought out Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Cataka-parvata
- When they quarrel among themselves, influenced by intoxication, with their eyes red like copper because of drinking (madhu), then only will they disappear; otherwise, it will not be possible. On My disappearance, this incident will take place
- While all the people talked amongst themselves, Daksa saw dangerous omens from all sides, from the earth and from the sky
- While Lord Krsna was entering the city, all the people talked amongst themselves about the glories of the Lord, praising His transcendental name, qualities, form and so on
- While making the plan to arrest Samba, the Kurus counseled amongst themselves that upon his arrest the members of the Yadu dynasty would be very angry with them. There was every possibility of the Yadus' accepting the challenge and fighting with them
- While people were talking among themselves about the wonderful voluntary death of Sati, the attendants who had come with her readied themselves to kill Daksa with their weapons
- Without providing a share for him, they divided the property of their father among themselves. When Nabhaga returned from the place of his spiritual master, they gave him their father as his share