So he wanted this, and he is not... It is not that he is dead and gone. That is not spiritual understanding. Even ordinary living being, he does not die. Na hanyate hanyamāne śarīre (BG 2.20). And what to speak of such exalted, authorized personality like Bhaktisiddhānta. He is seeing. I never feel that I am alone. Of course, when I came to your country without any friend, without any means... Practically, just like a vagabond I came. But I had full faith that "My Guru Mahārāja is with me." I never lost this faith, and that is fact. There are two words, vāṇī and vapuḥ. Vānī means words, and vapuḥ means this physical body. So vāṇī is more important than the vapuḥ. Vapuḥ will be finished. This is material body. It will be finished. That is the nature. But if we keep to the vāṇī, to the words of spiritual master, then we remain very fixed up. It doesn't matter. Just like Bhagavad-gītā. It was spoken five thousand years ago. But if you keep to the words of Kṛṣṇa, then it is always fresh and guiding. Not that because Arjuna personally listened to Kṛṣṇa about the instruction of Bhagavad-gītā, therefore he knew it. That is not the fact. If you accept Bhagavad-gītā as it is, then you should know that Kṛṣṇa is present before you in His words in the Bhagavad-gītā. This is called spiritual realization. It is not mundane historical incidences.
Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Śrīla Prabhupāda's presence
Quote of the Day
There are two words, vāṇī and vapuḥ. Vānī means words, and vapuḥ means this physical body. So vāṇī is more important than the vapuḥ. Vapuḥ will be finished.
From the compilation:
Prabhupada Speaks - Creating 1080 Audio Messages in YouTube Clips
Collaborate with us to create multi-language subtitles for 1080 - 1 to 15 minute audio clips translated into your language by Śrīla Prabhupāda's 50th Anniversary of arriving in the West on the 4th of October 2015.
Prabhupada Speaks - Around the World
You can now listen while you read statements from Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures, conversations, interviews and morning walks, all organized thematically by date, location and subject.
Contents and Statistics
Welcome to Vaniquotes, an unparalleled repository of statements of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda grouped together via themes, personalities, scriptures and the usage of language. Each quote is linked to its original source, thus keeping everything within its proper context. Vaniquotes is organically homegrown and hand-made by many different devotees from around the world as an offering of love to respect the sublime words of Śrila Prabhupāda.
Visit the List of Umbrella Categories to get some perspective on how vast this ever-growing repository is becoming.
To search through all the categories and pages go to All categories or All pages. You will also find links to the All categories and All pages search, on the left "Vaniquotes" navigation toolbar. Type your subject of interest.
In the search box (to your left) you can type in any word (or small phrase) of your interest and all page titles or categories that have the word in it will appear.
We wish you blissful deep-sea diving into the ocean of Śrila Prabhupāda's Vani!
Statistics in Vaniquotes - categories - pages - quotes
- Today's count is 14,619 categories, and 119,382 pages
The statements within these pages are drawn from the following places, and today we have a count of:
- 38,143 quotes from Bhagavad-gītā As It Is
- 390,585 quotes from Śrīmad Bhāgavatam
- 143,108 quotes from Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta
- 128,124 quotes from other books by Śrīla Prabhupāda
- 667,596 quotes from Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures
- 407,682 quotes from Śrīla Prabhupāda's conversations and morning walks
- 246,654 quotes from Śrīla Prabhupāda's correspondence
- Today's total count is 2,021,892 quotes
- Once completed we estimate that Vaniquotes will have around 16,000 categories, 150,000 to 200,000 pages, and somewhere between 2 to 2 & 1/2 million quotes.
Mapping Śrīla Prabhupāda's transcendental vani ki jaya!
What is Vaniquotes?
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda's compiled teachings
Śrīla Prabhupāda is a prolific spiritual and social commentator who resourcefully draws from the vast and timeless wisdom of the Vedas. The sheer volume of his comments sometimes makes it difficult for readers to grasp the proper conclusion.
- Vaniquotes collects Śrīla Prabhupāda's comments under naturally accruing themes, thus giving the reader better access to the powerful messages that Śrīla Prabhupāda is giving.
- Quotes are presented in scriptural order and by date. Each quote is also linked to Vanisource (Prabhupāda's books, lectures, conversations and letters), thus keeping everything in context.
- The reader can approach Vaniquotes via philosophical and social themes, the different personalities who present them, or from such interesting directions as Śrīla Prabhupāda's usage of the English, Sanskrit and Bengali languages.
- As Vaniquotes develops, the audio versions of Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures and conversations will also be compiled along with the text versions, thus offering a profound hearing experience for the reader and thereby keeping the individual quotes even more in context.
- Vaniquotes will supply the resources to further develop the Vanipedia projects; other sections, such as Vanipedia articles, Vanibooks, and Vaniversity online courses will draw from Vaniquotes. The more pages we have in Vaniquotes, the richer the articles in Vanipedia will be, the more comprehensive the compendiums in Vanibooks, and the more variegated and inclusive the Vaniversity online courses will be – and all representative of the siddhanta of our disciplic succession.
A Work in Progress
Compiling in Vaniquotes can be compared to building a very big temple. There are lots of stages, and at times the construction site looks a little messy. However, there is a team of architects, engineers and workers of many different capacities all serving together to finish the offering of love to glorify God. Over time the beauty of the temple becomes self manifested. Similarly we are attempting to build a valuable resource of Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings and when completed it will manifest as a beautiful Vani Temple for all to experience.
Completing all the petals of Vanipedia is a herculean task, that will take either
- a few committed people a long period of time;
- many committed people a short period of time.
"Before enlightenment, copy & paste. After enlightenment, copy & paste."
Our simple motto for Vaniquotes reflects the massive task of compiling all of Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings. It also reflects our conviction that Śrīla Prabhupāda has said it all, and it reflects our resolve to stay fixed in our duty until the task is completed.
Who is Śrīla Prabhupāda?
Authorized and Empowered
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda is a self-realized, pure devotee of Lord Kṛṣṇa. While physically present among us he shared the essence of Vedic knowledge liberally and without prejudice. His only desire was to fulfill his spiritual master's desire – to introduce the process of Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the world.
Śrīla Prabhupāda showed us the importance of living life according to the directions given in scripture. He spoke and wrote profusely so that many may have this guidance in life, and he wished that every person on the planet had the oppotunity to read his books now and in the future.
Śrīla Prabhupāda translated and commented on over fifty volumes of ancient Vedic scripture before his physical demise on November 14, 1977. His authority to write, and to teach and train students in the science of self-realization was given to him by his guru, Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Gosvāmī Mahārāja (1874-1937), who came in the disciplic succession from Lord Caitanya Mahāprabhu (1486-1534), Himself an incarnation of Lord Kṛṣṇa. Śrīla Prabhupāda founded the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, ISKCON.
How can I help?
Completing the Vaniquotes petal is essential for the development of Vanipedia, Vanibooks and Vaniversity petals. At present we have pages, either completely finished or in process. Please contact us by email at [email protected] to see how you can help.
- Our aim is to have 150,000 to 200,000 completed pages.
- We have an active team of volunteer compilers from different countries around the world.
- If you want to find out more about the whole project then everything is explained here.
- If you do not have the time to help out, please consider contributing by making a donation.
Related websites: Vanistore
All material by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
Images copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, and Bhaktivedanta Book Trust International, Inc.Compilation copyright © Bhaktivedanta Library Services a.s.b.l.