His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda
This research work is kāma-karmabhiḥ. This, in the laboratory, research work, that is kāma-karmabhiḥ. They're planning something. That is kāma-karma.
Morning Walk -- April 28, 1973, Los Angeles:
Prabhupāda: What is the next line of that verse? Anyone remembers? No.
Svarūpa Dāmodara: Yesterday's?
Prabhupāda: Yes. (pause) This research work is kāma-karmabhiḥ. This, in the laboratory, research work, that is kāma-karmabhiḥ. They're planning something. That is kāma-karma. He, he does not take the planning of Kṛṣṇa. He makes his own plan. That is kāma-karma. Kāmais tais tair hṛta-jñānāḥ (BG 7.20). In another place, it is said: When one is engaged in the matter of these unnecessary desires, he becomes lost of all intelligence. Kāmais tais tair hṛta-jñānāḥ (BG 7.20). (pause) It is like the child's crying. The child is crying, asking mother: "Give me that moon." The mother gives a mirror. "Here is moon, my dear son." He takes the mirror. He sees the moon. "Oh, yes..." He has got the moon. It is not story. Now these rascals are going to the moon planet.
From the compilation: Research work (Conv and Letters)
A Multi-language Subtitle Project ---- Vanimeda's YouTube Channel
Collaborate with us to create multi-language subtitles for 1080 - 1 to 15 minute audio clips translated into your language by Śrīla Prabhupāda's 50th Anniversary of arrving in the West on the 4th of October 2015.
Pages with Audio Clips in Vaniquotes
You can now listen while you read statements from Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures, conversations, interviews and morning walks, all organized thematically by date, location and subject.
Contents and Statistics
Welcome to Vaniquotes, an unparalleled repository of statements of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda grouped together via themes, personalities, scriptures and the usage of language. Each quote is linked to its original source, thus keeping everything within its proper context. Vaniquotes is organically homegrown and hand-made by many different devotees from around the world as an offering of love to respect the sublime words of Śrila Prabhupāda.
Visit the List of Umbrella Categories to get some perspective on how vast
this ever-growing repository is becoming.
To search through all the categories and pages go to All categories or All pages. You will also find links to the All categories and All pages search, on the left "Vaniquotes" navigation toolbar. Type your subject of interest.
In the search box (to your left) you can type in any word (or small phrase) of your interest and all page titles or categories that have the word in it will appear.
We wish you blissful deep-sea diving into the ocean of Śrila Prabhupāda's Vani!
Statistics in Vaniquotes - categories - pages - quotes
- Today's count is categories, and pages
The statements within these pages are drawn from the following places, and today we have a count of:
- quotes from Bhagavad-gītā As It Is
- quotes from Śrīmad Bhāgavatam
- quotes from Śrī Caitanya Caritāmṛta
- quotes from other books by Śrīla Prabhupāda
- quotes from Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures
- quotes from Śrīla Prabhupāda's conversations and morning walks
- quotes from Śrīla Prabhupāda's correspondence
- Today's total count is quotes
- Once completed we estimate that Vaniquotes will have around 16,000 categories, 150,000 to 200,000 pages, and somewhere between 2 to 2 & 1/2 million quotes.
Mapping Śrīla Prabhupāda's transcendental vani ki jaya!
Categories of the Day
What is Vaniquotes?
His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda's compiled teachings
Śrīla Prabhupāda is a prolific spiritual and social commentator who resourcefully draws from the vast and timeless wisdom of the Vedas. The sheer volume of his comments sometimes makes it difficult for readers to grasp the proper conclusion.
- Vaniquotes collects Śrīla Prabhupāda's comments under naturally accruing themes, thus giving the reader better access to the powerful messages that Śrīla Prabhupāda is giving.
- Quotes are presented in scriptural order and by date. Each quote is also linked to Vanisource (Prabhupāda's books, lectures, conversations and letters), thus keeping everything in context.
- The reader can approach Vaniquotes via philosophical and social themes, the different personalities who present them, or from such interesting directions as Śrīla Prabhupāda's usage of the English, Sanskrit and Bengali languages.
- As Vaniquotes develops, the audio versions of Śrīla Prabhupāda's lectures and conversations will also be compiled along with the text versions, thus offering a profound hearing experience for the reader and thereby keeping the individual quotes even more in context.
- Vaniquotes will supply the resources to further develop the Vanipedia projects; other sections, such as Vanipedia articles, Vanibooks, and Vaniversity online courses will draw from Vaniquotes. The more pages we have in Vaniquotes, the richer the articles in Vanipedia will be, the more comprehensive the compendiums in Vanibooks, and the more variegated and inclusive the Vaniversity online courses will be – and all representative of the siddhanta of our disciplic succession.
A Work in Progress
Compiling in Vaniquotes can be compared to building a very big temple. There are lots of stages, and at times the construction site looks a little messy. However, there is a team of architects, engineers and workers of many different capacities all serving together to finish the offering of love to glorify God. Over time the beauty of the temple becomes self manifested. Similarly we are attempting to build a valuable resource of Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings and when completed it will manifest as a beautiful Vani Temple for all to experience.
Completing all the petals of Vanipedia is a herculean task, that will take either
- a few committed people a long period of time;
- many committed people a short period of time.
"Before enlightenment, copy & paste. After enlightenment, copy & paste."
Our simple motto for Vaniquotes reflects the massive task of compiling all of Śrīla Prabhupāda's teachings. It also reflects our conviction that Śrīla Prabhupāda has said it all, and it reflects our resolve to stay fixed in our duty until the task is completed.
Who is Śrīla Prabhupāda?
Authorized and Empowered
A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda is a self-realized, pure devotee of Lord Kṛṣṇa. While physically present among us he shared the essence of Vedic knowledge liberally and without prejudice. His only desire was to fulfill his spiritual master's desire – to introduce the process of Kṛṣṇa consciousness to the world.
Śrīla Prabhupāda showed us the importance of living life according to the directions given in scripture. He spoke and wrote profusely so that many may have this guidance in life, and he wished that every person on the planet had the oppotunity to read his books now and in the future.
Śrīla Prabhupāda translated and commented on over fifty volumes of ancient Vedic scripture before his physical demise on November 14, 1977. His authority to write, and to teach and train students in the science of self-realization was given to him by his guru, Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Gosvāmī Mahārāja (1874-1937), who came in the disciplic succession from Lord Caitanya Mahāprabhu (1486-1534), Himself an incarnation of Lord Kṛṣṇa. Śrīla Prabhupāda founded the International Society for Krishna Consciousness, ISKCON.
How can I help?
Completing the Vaniquotes petal is essential for the development of Vanipedia, Vanibooks and Vaniversity petals. At present we have pages, either completely finished or in process. Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can help.
- Our aim is to have 150,000 to 200,000 completed pages.
- We have an active team of volunteer compilers from different countries around the world.
- If you want to find out more about the whole project then everything is explained here.
- If you do not have the time to help out, please consider contributing by making a donation.
hare kṛṣṇa hare kṛṣṇa - kṛṣṇa kṛṣṇa hare hare - hare rāma hare rāma - rāma rāma hare hare
All material by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
Images copyright © The Bhaktivedanta Book Trust, and Bhaktivedanta Book Trust International, Inc.
Compilation copyright © Bhaktivedanta Library Services a.s.b.l.