Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna and the Parijata Tree (29 P)
Pages in category "Parijata"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- Although flowering plants like the mandara, kunda, kurabaka, utpala, campaka, arna, punnaga, nagakesara, bakula, lily and parijata are full of transcendental fragrance, they are still conscious of the austerities performed by tulasi
- Among them were mandaras, parijatas, patalas, asokas, campakas, cutas, piyalas, panasas, mangoes, amratakas, kramukas, coconut trees, date trees and pomegranates
- Any fruit you require, or even kacauri, you can get. That is called kalpa-vrksa. There are trees like that
- As the parijata tree came down to the earthly planet, the fragrance of its flowers also came down, and the celestial drones migrated to this earth in search of their fragrance and honey
- At night the pleasing moonshine glittered through the network of holes in the windows. There were many heavily flowered trees of parijata, and the mild wind stirred the fragrance of the flowers all around
- Generated next (from the ocean of milk) was the parijata flower, which decorates the celestial planets. O King (Pariksit), as you fulfill the desires of everyone on this planet by fulfilling all ambitions, the parijata fulfills the desires of everyone
- Generated thereafter from the great ocean were the celebrated gems Kaustubha-mani and Padmaraga-mani. Lord Visnu, to decorate His chest, desired to possess them. Generated next was the parijata flower, which decorates the celestial planets
- The gem known as Kaustubha was also generated (during the churning of the ocean of milk), and Lord Visnu took that gem and placed it on His chest. Thereafter, a parijata flower and the Apsaras, the most beautiful women in the universe, were generated
- The lotus feet of the Lord are exactly like the parijata trees, or wish-fulfilling trees, and the devotees are like bumblebees. They are always attracted by the lotus feet of the Lord
- The whole of Kailasa Hill is decorated with various kinds of trees, of which the following names may be mentioned: mandara, parijata, sarala, tamala, tala, kovidara, asana, arjuna, amra-jati (mango), kadamba, dhuli-kadamba, naga, punnaga and campaka