Four Kinds and Types Of
"four kinds"|"four types"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Four Kinds and Types Of"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- Because they have a pious background, all four types of people are to be considered greatly fortunate. Such people gradually give up material desires and become pure devotees
- Bhagavad-gita (7.16) mentions four kinds of pious men who begin devotional service to the Lord - one who is distressed (arta), one in need of money (artharthi), one who is inquisitive (jijnasu) and one who is searching for the Absolute Truth (jnani)
- By performing such regulated devotional service in awe and veneration, one may go to Vaikuntha and attain the four kinds of liberation
- By the grace of the Supreme Lord, when they (four kinds of impure devotees) are fully Krsna conscious, they actually enjoy spiritual association with the Supreme Lord. BG 1972 purports
- Four kind of vaisnava liberation, achieving the same bodily features as the Lord, achieving the same opulence as the Lord, dwelling on the planet where the Lord is residing, and attaining eternal association with the Lord
- Four kinds of devotees
- Four kinds of devotees are the receptacles of the four kinds of mellows in love of God, namely servitude, friendship, parental affection and conjugal love
- Four kinds of foodstuff - some are drunk, some are chewed, some are licked up, and some are sucked
- Four kinds of fortunate people who become attached to Krsna, and four kinds of unfortunate people who never take to Krsna are described in this chapter (BG 7). BG 1972 purports
- Four kinds of impure devotees who engage themselves in the transcendental service of the Lord achieve their respective goals. BG 1972 purports
- Four kinds of men - arta (one who is distressed), artharthi (one in need of money), jijnasu (one who is inquisitive) and jnani (a person in knowledge) - try to understand devotional service
- Four kinds of pious men - namely, one who is in danger, one who is in need of money, one who is searching for knowledge and one who is inquisitive - begin to take shelter of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in order to be saved or to advance
- Four kinds of sinful activities - associating with woman for illicit sex, eating meat, intoxication and gambling - are allowed for the ksatriyas
- Four kinds of sinful activities, they are considered the pillars of sinful life. What is that?
- Four types of devotees
- In other words, those who are already promoted to the Vaikuntha planets and possess the four kinds of liberation may also sometimes develop affection for Krsna and become promoted to Krsna-loka
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 11.19.17), it is said: Vedic literature, direct perception, history and hypothesis are the four kinds of evidential proofs. Everyone should stick to these principles for the realization of the Absolute Truth
- In the BG 7.16 it is confirmed: If backed by pious activities in the past, four kinds of men - namely those who are distressed, those in need of money, those searching after knowledge & those who are inquisitive - become interested in devotional service
- In the Bhagavad-gita (BG 7.16) Krsna says: "O best among the Bharatas (Arjuna), four kinds of pious men render devotional service unto Me - the distressed, the desirer of wealth, the inquisitive and he who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute"
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that a devotee who knows Him perfectly is very dear to Him. Four kinds of pious men take to devotional service. If a pious man is in distress, he approaches the Lord for mitigation of his distress
- In the Narada-pancaratra it is said that if on account of profound veneration for the greatness of the Supreme Lord, one attains a great affection and steady love for Him, one is certainly assured of attaining the four kinds of Vaisnava liberation
- In this cosmic manifestation there are four kinds of living entities - jarayu ja - those born from embryos, anda ja - those born from eggs, sveda ja - those born from perspiration, and udbhijja - those born from seeds
- In Your bodily hairs is the kusa grass, in Your eyes is the clarified butter, and in Your four legs are the four kinds of fruitive activities
- Krsna consciousness movement means we take knowledge from Krsna who is liberated from these four kinds of deficiencies
- Krsna identified Himself with the vaisya community because Nanda was protecting many cows & Krsna was taking care of them. He enumerated four kinds of business engagements for the vaisya community, namely agriculture, trade, protection of cows & banking
- Krsna is so attractive that anyone who can remember Him in some way or another becomes freed from the four kinds of material miseries
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "Even if they are offered the four kinds of spiritual opulences, they will refuse to accept them. So what to speak of their desiring anything within the material world"
- Lord Visnu said: "My devotees, having fulfilled their desires by serving Me, do not accept the four kinds of salvation that are easily earned by such service. Why then should they accept any pleasures that are lost in the course of time?"
- Lord Visnu's four hands hold four kinds of weapons, and the extra four hands hold an arrow, bow, trident and snake. Sri Viraraghava Acarya describes the eight weapons as sankha, cakra, gada, padma, sarnga, sara, etc
- O best among the Bharatas (Arjuna), four kinds of pious men render devotional service unto Me - the distressed, the desirer of wealth, the inquisitive and he who is searching for knowledge of the Absolute
- Of the four kinds of separation, three (purva-raga, pravasa and mana) are celebrated in Srimati Radharani and the gopis. In Dvaraka, among the queens, feelings of prema-vaicittya are very prominent
- On this earth there are four kinds of living entities, who are all created by Him. The material creation rests on His lotus feet. He is the great Supreme Person, full of opulence and power. May He be pleased with us
- Pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, sugar candy, two or four kinds of spinach, soup made with bitter melon, eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, and fried patola
- Purusartha ("the goal of life") generally refers to religion, economic development, satisfaction of the senses and, finally, liberation. However, above these four kinds of purusarthas, love of Godhead stands supreme
- The four kinds of foodstuffs are technically known as carvya (those edibles which are chewed), lehya (those which are licked up), cusya (those which are sucked) and peya - those which are drunk
- The four kinds of paraphernalia for conducting the fire sacrifice became manifest: the performer (the chanter), the offerer, the fire, and the action performed in terms of the supplementary Vedas
- The four miserable conditions are due to the four kinds of sinful activities, known as (1) pataka, (2) uru-pataka, (3) maha-pataka and (4) ati-pataka - preliminary sin, very great sin, greater sin and topmost sin
- The principles we advise are no illicit sex, no intoxication, no gambling and no meat-eating. These four types of engagement will enable an intelligent person to get free from the materialistic life and return home, back to Godhead
- The Vaisnavas are trained to become freed from the four kinds of sinful activities - illicit sex, indulgence in intoxicants, gambling and eating animal foods
- The word sarva-papebhyah indicates four kinds of sinful activities. As soon as the devotee surrenders unto Krsna’s lotus feet, he is certainly relieved from all sinful activities and their results
- There are four kinds of effects due to sinful activities, which are listed as follows: 1) the effect which is not yet fructified, 2) the effect which is lying as seed, 3) the effect which is already mature, and 4) the effect which is almost mature
- There are four kinds of understanding, called: (1) direct understanding (pratyaksa), (2) hypothetical understanding (anumana), (3) historical understanding (aitihya) and (4) understanding through sound
- There are four types of brahmacaris. The first is called savitra, which refers to a brahmacari who, after initiation and the sacred thread ceremony, must observe at least three days of celibacy
- There are four types of brahmacaris. The next is called brahma-brahmacari, which refers to a brahmacari who observes celibacy from the time of initiation up to the time of the completion of his study of the Vedic literature
- There are four types of brahmacaris. The next is called prajapatya, which refers to a brahmacari who strictly observes celibacy for at least one year after initiation
- There are four types of brahmacaris. The next stage is called naisthika, which refers to a brahmacari who is celibate throughout his whole life
- There are four types of living entities born within this material world. Some are born by way of an embryo (jarayu ja), by way of eggs (anda ja), perspiration (sveda ja) and, like the trees, by way of seeds - udbhijja
- They (Advaita Acarya and others) offered pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, sugar candy, two or four kinds of spinach and soup made with bitter melon
- They offered pungent preparations made with black pepper, sweet-and-sour preparations, ginger, salty preparations, limes, milk, yogurt, cheese, two or four kinds of spinach, soup made with bitter melon, eggplant mixed with nimba flowers, & fried patola
- This kind of devotional service, in which knowledge of God's name is lacking, is also described in Bhagavad-gita where the Lord says that four kinds of men with backgrounds of pious activities come to Him asking for what they need
- Those who act piously have a better chance to become devotees. As Krsna says in Bhagavad-gita (BG 7.16), catur-vidha bhajante mam janah sukrtino 'rjuna: O Arjuna, four kinds of pious men render devotional service unto Me
- Those who are in need of money or material benefit; jijnasu, those who are inquisitive; and jnani - these four kinds. Out of these, jijnasu and jnani are better than the arta and artharthi, the distressed and need of money
- Throughout the whole world they're implicated in these four kinds of sinful activities. How you can expect that he's going to have next body very nice?
- We follow Vedic principles. So Vedas declare that these four kinds of activity, they are sinful. So we accept. Our authority is Veda. Just like lawyer's authority is lawbook
- When a devotee is promoted to the spiritual world, Vaikuntha, he receives four kinds of facilities. One of these is salokya, living on the same planet as the Supreme Personality
- When these four kinds of persons (sukrtina) come to the Supreme Lord for devotional service and are completely purified by the association of a pure devotee, they also become pure devotees. BG 1972 purports